THE Big BID results

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Well I didnt get my bid that we have been doing the interm cleaning.....

And John.....we owe each other nothing

LOW FREAKING BID WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And when i say low I mean low....like this guy isnt even going to cover expenses low...He barly bid enough to cover labor.....

Oh i was 2nd...i wont get into prices here, but i will tell who wants to know at connections...

Btw for the 2 yr total there was a 1 million dollar difference...basicly 500k a yr dif...there were 6 companies that turned in bids

TimP

All I can say is when he goes under you'll get it!!

Other wise he may of found a cheaper way to do it......

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've lost bids because of my prices and ended up getting them later. Not always, but it does happen.
Usually some new guy trying to learn English and grab every job he can. Some people can live at lower levels of income and be happy.

Some companies cannot live with that kind of service though.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
it's a fed contract. it goes back out to bid if they default.
sorry doug but if you was that low maybe t was a blessing you didn't get it. those "other" guys know the numbers and if you weren't "close" to them that's a red flag

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
that makes me laugh jess.....cuz it was merchants who got it......

John, we can have a sit down in vegas and i can put them on a calc for ya...I was "lower" but still made sure there was a base there, and that way all my other work i do now, is the gravy part....

trust me, i dont just throw things up and "hope" i make money... :wink:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I trust you doug but you don't trust me. I told you I would run ther bid for you and be within 50-100 bucks.

something you need to consider when bidding against the big bys. Merchants pays 30-40% less then you do for everything.On a job this big there numbers for time are dead on be sure of that.but they will only build 6-8% profit in the job. they make their money on volume and cash flow.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell

This is very true and something to keep in your mind anytime your bidding a large contract.

Its also just not the money they save on product but also the way they supply man power.

We just took over a 3 year contract by offing a lower price.(call it low balling) Its 60,000 sq ft in 3 buildings, cleaning 5 nights a week and carpets 6 times per year, spotting as needed.

The company we got it from have 3 people and the owner working all night every night to clean and when they do carpets they were spending 3 weekends that month cleaning carpet.

In short they spent alot of time in the buildings.

We send 6 to the buildings each night and when the carpets are done a total of 10 will be their with 2 using a truck to clean lower floor and the other 8 running 5 US Products machines. We run hoses down the hall to fill machines so no bucketing clean water and runners dumping dirty in the nearest restroom.

Bottom line is from your point we may be low bidding the price but from our stand point if we make $100.00 per night off this account were looking at $26000.00 for the year.

With what john said about supplies if you land a large account and buy larger amounts of supplies for carpet cleaning or what ever, the suppliers will start making you better deals also.(low ballers)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ok maybe i need a dicta program so i can talk, instead of trying to make sense typing (cuz yes i know i suck at it)

here are a few facts...

2 of the other bidders are "big boy" companies and yet they were the 2 highest??? explain that..

of the 33 man hrs i figured it would take.... there is only 16 that is even remotly close to decreasing the other time is in dayporter service a fixed time...and i worked this thing for 6 weeks...you could take off 4 man hrs...but you had better have "expert" people doing it and busting their ass doing so...like i said i been there I KNOW!!!! dont tell me a normaly $9 hr janitor is going to out clean me...aint gonna happen

Labor pay....IS A FIXED MINIMUM PERIOD NO WAY AROUND IT, IT IS SPELLED OUT IN THE CONTRACT.... its not like others where you all play the "what they gonna pay" game

stripping and waxing to be included....guess what you probably are not going to beat me at this either...speed or price wise

chemicals I buy 75% of my stuff from a mfg... how you gonna get much cheaper then that?? carpet stuff is about the only thing i dont buy...not very good....

did the stripping at .15 a ft and carpets at .10 OMG yes i know LOWBALLER!!!! stfu

like i said john, we can go over it(no i didnt bring the paper work, but i know most the numbers needed...after i explain it to john he can then explain it to everyone else...i didnt want to post numbers out here in the wide world of sports...

C

cory kenyon

Don't worry about it Dougy, it's not the end of the world. The sun
will still rise tomorrow.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
when I had some big accounts we use to buy toiler paper and paper towels, etc 100 cases at a times, way cheaper then buying direct

now I piggy back off some other companies and get it for the same price

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom