The classic hack tracks

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Fixing hack job. Tennant had someone local clean and moved out, I'm now cleaning it for the landlord who knows what clean should look like. Don't have a good pic of upstairs but it was loaded with soap.

e5ajapu8.jpg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Able 1

Name
Keith
Fixing hack job. Tennant had someone local clean and moved out, I'm now cleaning it for the landlord who knows what clean should look like. Don't have a good pic of upstairs but it was loaded with soap.

e5ajapu8.jpg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Looks like a porty $9.99 per room job that probably turned into $165 after there "special" treatment.

This week I have been following up after a company that really has a good rep. in the area.. The prop managers called me and say the carpet smells real bad can you come over and re-clean it. So I took my moisture meter, and black light in to check for urine and the moisture meter went off(fast beeping) in the entire unit!! This unit like the other two I checked were cleaned a WEEK ago!!:eekk: I told them I wouldn't clean them(except the one that the people were moving in the next day(they use some stinky deo also) until I can dry out the pad. I started floating the carpet yesterday at 5pm and checked it today at 4 and I'm still finding a LOT of wet areas!!:eekk: I ran the AC on high also, maybe a dehu would have made more sense, though I thought at the time it would be over dramatic. He runs butlers..

I have no clue what this guys process is, but wet for a week? How is that even possible?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have no clue what this guys process is, but wet for a week? How is that even possible?

Open waste tank dump valve? Hairball stuck in vac line or wand head limiting a lot of airflow? Used too much foamy crap to try to eliminate odors and ended up leaving it too wet because of foam blockage in vac line and filter screen.

J

JS41035

Maybe clogged filter box. Maybe he had a 20 flow zipper and no vacuum.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Open waste tank dump valve? Hairball stuck in vac line or wand head limiting a lot of airflow? Used too much foamy crap to try to eliminate odors and ended up leaving it too wet because of foam blockage in vac line and filter screen.

No, this process is meant to happen(maybe not a week,but it's been humid here) and lost one to them two years ago when I said the carpet should be replaced because of urine, he said he has something special for it and got the account.. I had the code to the unit so I watched what they did, same there always tested wet.. It was too late for me at that point to plead my case( in their mind this company fixed it), and I lost it..

Last edited:

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
View attachment 4877

This one we should have passed on. The guy was moving out and needed his carpet to be some what presentable to the landlord. Hadn't been cleaned in 3 years, guess what most of the black is from? Dirt/Soil build up on top of Human Urine. His son at night would pee in the hallway. I've had some clients who said their children have had an accident before on the carpet, but nothing like this. I don't have kids, so no idea what age or how long this could go on for, but this kid must have been pissing in this hallway for 3 years. Worst job ever. Not perfect, but presentable.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
View attachment 4877

This one we should have passed on. The guy was moving out and needed his carpet to be some what presentable to the landlord. Hadn't been cleaned in 3 years, guess what most of the black is from? Dirt/Soil build up on top of Human Urine. His son at night would pee in the hallway. I've had some clients who said their children have had an accident before on the carpet, but nothing like this. I don't have kids, so no idea what age or how long this could go on for, but this kid must have been pissing in this hallway for 3 years. Worst job ever. Not perfect, but presentable.

Wow... I you did a great job! On the other hand I feel bad for the people moving in after, who might have their kids crawling around on those carpets. What a pig this tenant was.
I like challenges but I would have probably suggested to the he Landlord he should replace the carpets and sue the tenant for damages beyond the security deposit. That's vandalism and tenants should be held to account in cases like this.! Nobody should live on carpets that have been abused to this point.

Reactions: tmdry

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I agree that carpet needed replacing. In a lot of these foreclosure type rentals in the bad parts of town, the owner would say the same thing. Just try to fix it so I don't have to replace it. We actually spent about 3 hours on this hallway alone. They paid for it. Sandia Machine with high powered water claw, clean marts fiber rinse, pc45. Then deep cleaned with encap 02 with some Boost All. Used HOST dry compound with extraction machines. Vacuumed. 1 gallon of Enzymes. Yes 1 full gallon. Guy paid for it all and was ecstatic with the result lol. You can imagine the smell from all that urine.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Think there was some oil solvents thrown in there as well. Just a killer cranberry cocktail of cleaning chemicals. Or maybe that's a Long Island

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom