the correct way to mount a truckmout in a trailer

steve g

Name
steve garrett
005-1.jpg

the problem with mounting a machine facing out the back door, is it can in some cases make the trailer unstable to pull, you want more weight of the trailer on the tongue to a point, also with the machine facing out the back you essentially loose the space on either side of the machine, also the back of the unit is not uniform in shape so there is wasted space there. I still have room to wheel in dehus and fans, a dehu will fit under the rack ahead of the reels, if I stack things carefully 2 phoenix 200's and 20 air movers will fit in there comfortably, if I was to do it over again, I would have gotten the skinny reel that only holds 200 ft of vac hose, and I would have even more space at the back door, I also want to get a v nose model trailer so I can mount the solution jugs and demand pump in front of the truckmount thus gaining even more room.

004-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

Chads

Supportive Member
It almost looks like my set up, not done with mine yet though. What size is that bridgepoint

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Only thing I don't like about the hose coming out the back is it usually isn't facing the home (so you don't have to pull around a corner) and the TM exhaust is.

I get the weight issue but I would think a TM of that size could be put right over the axle near the back so all that would be happening away from the home (including noise) and if you had to work on it on the job, they wouldn't be able to see what you are doing from their living room window.

Plus, older machines don't look great but a hose real can look good from the side it you clean it up and have nice hoses.

Greenie

the kung-fu vacuum holder is the highlight.

ps: why do you have your coolcuffs set up backwards on your wand? a swivel 2" male would be sweet on the lead hose and just slip over your quad jet pipe, it's nice having the swiv. male.

edit: on the Noise thing, it's a Prochem not a White Magic.....lol

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Brian Robison said:
Only thing I don't like about the hose coming out the back is it usually isn't facing the home (so you don't have to pull around a corner) and the TM exhaust is.

I get the weight issue but I would think a TM of that size could be put right over the axle near the back so all that would be happening away from the home (including noise) and if you had to work on it on the job, they wouldn't be able to see what you are doing from their living room window.

Plus, older machines don't look great but a hose real can look good from the side it you clean it up and have nice hoses.

the hoses pull out the back just fine, I spool out at least 50 ft of solution hose in my hand and carry that into the house, the vac will just pull off the reel, I try to pull slightly ahead of where of where the door is. this machine with catalytic HX runs very very clean, no issues with fumes, with a full water tank and waste tank the machine is going to be about 1600#'s that is alot of weight to be mounted rear of the axles, This machine is an older machine its over 7 yrs old however its been taken care of and actually cleaned every now and then, a customer seeing it with the side door open should have a favorable impression, however the trailer is getting ratty looking I really need to replace it pretty soon. my point is to show IMO what is a much better use of space,

greenie thanks for the sanitaire holder complement, it used to bounce around on that rack I made welded angle iron with pipe insulation on it keep it from scratching the unit, it stays put and out of the way now.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
anypne know what the little brass tank on the left of the machine is for, for extra credit

Chads

Supportive Member
Is it a pipe bomb or just one of those homemade pulsation dampners.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve g said:
the problem with mounting a machine facing out the back door, is it can in some cases make the trailer unstable to pull, you want more weight of the trailer on the tongue to a point,

true that.
When ever I see a trailer swinging side to side on the hi-way, i know they don't have loaded right.

the general rule of thumb is 10% of gross wt needs to be tongue wt.
You can have more than 10%, but not less for stability

..L.T.A.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Tidy set-up but if there is not a door on both sides wouldn't you have to be a contortionist to work on it. :?:

roro

Name
I'm Rick James
I used a trailer mounted machine and it was a PITA. It would be almost impossible to use one here. Nice looking unit though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom