The Customer tried;

S

steamclean

I did a job for a landlord, 2 rooms and an entrance. It came out great.
The girl living there wanted her deposit back so she tried to clean the carpet herself.
She took a 5 gallon pail, then filled it up with soapy water and poured it down on the carpet and scrubbed it with a brush. That room was so bad the landlord pulled up the carpet and the floor boards were all wet.

She gets a C- for effort.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
A couple of my favorites:

Comet cleanser and a broom, on a blue carpet.

Spray and Wash used as a "precleaner" squirted onto the carpet. It left a squiggly oily line all the way down a long hallway.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Blast from the past.

Ladies douche for the pet spots with the Sunday comics applied to soak it up.

Of Course it was white carpet and the ink from the comics transferred onto the carpet.

She got the douche idea from an "expert" offering helpful tips from a woman's magazine saying it makes a great pet deodorizer.

The client bought a case of the product and used it on the carpet.

Sometimes it's hard to keep a straight face when talking to some of these clients.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
To get out the urine spots (there were 30 and bright yellow against the new nearly white carpet) but gave up after three spots didn't move at all. You guessed it, those were the only three I couldn't get out.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
FLYERMAN said:
To get out the urine spots (there were 30 and bright yellow against the new nearly white carpet) but gave up after three spots didn't move at all. You guessed it, those were the only three I couldn't get out.

Oxidizers like stain magic and most urine removers work well on those bright yellow spots. Spray with the product and cover with plastic and let it "cook" for 24 hours.

Air will neutralize it so no worries and it may take a second treatment.

Walt

Customer took oxyclean powder and applied it to wet pet urine spots. She thought the spots were white because of powder residue. She did it over a period of a year then called me.

600 sqft of carpet with dozens of bleach out spots. The good news. It did work on the odor. Not a whiff. And she has big dogs.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Dave Yoakum said:
FLYERMAN said:

Oxidizers like stain magic and most urine removers work well on those bright yellow spots. Spray with the product and cover with plastic and let it "cook" for 24 hours.

Dave you are a smart guy....but I don't think you read his post correctly. He did get out all of them EXCEPT the three that the custy "tried".

Another note: I very much dislike when some of you smarties come on and give advice on how to remove stains! How do you know the stain isn't set? How do you know it will come out next day?
Let's face it some yellow urine stains won't come out- I don't care what product you use!

I may be missing something of how some of the small town heroes do here...but I'm sure as hell in our service area you wouldn't be driving back 24 hours later to work on the stains some more. There is no way customers will want to pay for that (except a few). It would be very expensive to cover that cost.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
[quote="Dave Yoakum":3a0dzuw4]
FLYERMAN said:

Dave you are a smart guy....but I don't think you read his post correctly. He did get out all of them EXCEPT the three that the custy "tried".

Another note: I very much dislike when some of you smarties come on and give advice on how to remove stains! How do you know the stain isn't set? How do you know it will come out next day?
Let's face it some yellow urine stains won't come out- I don't care what product you use!

I may be missing something of how some of the small town heroes do here...but I'm sure as hell in our service area you wouldn't be driving back 24 hours later to work on the stains some more. There is no way customers will want to pay for that (except a few). It would be very expensive to cover that cost.[/quote:3a0dzuw4]

Just offering some generic advise on urine color removal for the newbies and not necessarily for Flyerman. A second treatment (which usually is not needed) takes about 5 minutes. That can be done when you are in the area.

Also posted because sometime you can't tell at the time of service if the spots were removed or not due to the dwell time needed.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
All time favorite customer cleaning attempt at spot remoavl:

In response to the question when was asked what she had used on the red satin in her living room. " I tried every thing, including Visine" ****awkward confused pause**** "You know, get's the RED out".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom