the dreaded “Do you clean shower stalls” phone call..

Mikey P

Administrator
We get a few a week. In most cases it’s home owners looking to squeeze an extra few years out of their 1970′s ceramic shower stall, either walk in or a tub enclosure. Also in most cases the grout is destroyed, molded out through and through, missing or just crumbling apart due to years or ...
The post the dreaded “Do you clean shower stalls” phone call.. appeared first on .

More...

Reactions: Shorty

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I declined one yesterday where the owner had covered all the grout with a latex calk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks for that Mike.

One thing that I did pick up on that many may not be aware of: " and when clorox bleach is used to fight mold, especially up high in the shower where it can not get rinsed off well, mold will feed off both and grow out of control."

Many years ago I attended a mould (down under speak), symposium where the Mycologist told us all that BLEACH DOES NOT KILL MOLD, it merely bleaches the color out so that you cannot see it.

However, the mold spores go into panic stage and reproduce at an alarming rate, double in a 24 hour period I think was the figure quoted.

But you can't see the spores because the color has been bleached out.

It's still there doing it's nastiest though.

Just thought I'd point that out to those that may still believe that Chlorox or other bleaches will kill the mold spores.

Carry on.

:very_drunk:

Reactions: KevinL and Johnny

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Yeah, we do a church in my area and have to do the bathroom stalls for the boys and girls preschool which are filthy

Mikey P

Administrator
came home to find this in my Inbox..

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm kicking myself for being so ignorant about mold and the grout upkeep. I think I need to go ahead with it as it will only get worse. So yes, please put me on your schedule. I do have another bathroom to use. If possible, could we schedule it for a Monday as that is my day off. Or Friday I am usually off as well.
If, as you fear, the mold has gone through the grout, is it possible to do something more major like removing all the grout where it is bad, or even the bottom tiles in the shower? I realize that might not be possible.

Thanks again

Mike Draper

Nobody in my hood wants to pay what it takes to properly restore a bathroom shower that has been neglected for years. After so many no takers I sold my shower equipment. I'll let somebody else run their truck for nothing.

Mike Draper

did I tell you about the time I used Hydrochloric acid in a glass shower room and almost died? It was awesome:icon_redface:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Once, I worked for hours trying to get streaks that I thought I somehow caused, off tile. Turns out customer had RAIN-Xed the shower. Magic Al's Glass & Metal Magic finally got it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom