the googleman is messing with my biz.....

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
So, I searched "carpet cleaning lincoln ne" and I'm nowhere to be found. wtf? For years I've been on page one to the left of the map. No idea what happened. Any thoughts?

If I search for "grout cleaning lincoln ne" or "carpet cleaner lincoln ne" I come up as usual with all of my reviews still in tact.

If it stays this way it's gonna hurt big time.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
New penguin update hit recently...could be a bounce around and things may settle. Im not by my comp but when I am I will look into it if Fred hasnt already replied.

Search for your keywords without city and state and see how you appear.

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Tapatalk

Reactions: Russ T.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Yep, new update 4.0 came out in May for change on Algorithms. I noticed this to, we dropped off carpet cleaning las vegas for the google places results on the first page. Thank god we are back on there now, that gives us a nice 1,100+ impressions a week and is a business booster.

What I believe Google is ranking now for places is business that are using social media more. Geo tagging images at the business location so it is recognized on google maps, this can be done through a lot of the social media sites. Posting to your Google + page, FB, Twitter, whatever. I checked your Plus page it doesn't look like you post any comments or photos on it. Maybe try posting something once a day on there. Looks like you are ranked #1 for the Grout Cleaning Lincoln NE but couldn't find you under the Carpet Cleaning as you mentioned. Look at some of those competitors of yours that are ranking on places, they use some sort of social media. Might not fix the problem, but might help! Good luck, I know how much it sucks dropping off those results!

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Hey Dirk - Part of the problem may be that you have some duplicate listings or wrong addresses on some of the directory sites. For example on Yelp your address is shown as 1151 S 112th St.

I would take some time to Google 'Blue Monarch carpet cleaning lincoln ne' and go to each site that you come up on. It's going to be tedious but when you find a site with the wrong address try to claim it if you already haven't. Otherwise try to contact the website admins, owners, whatevers and request that your listing be removed or changed and give them the proper address or other wrong details. Make sure you're using the exact same details as you submitted for Google including address, phone number, description, website, email address, payment methods, hours of operation, etc etc.

Another tip - when you're uploading photos to these directory sites name the photo with your keywords. carpet-cleaning-lincoln-nebraska.jpg, carpet-cleaning-lincoln-ne.jpg, carpet-cleaners-lincoln-ne.jpg and so on and so on. When you're uploading videos or providing links, make sure the videos you're providing from Youtube have your company name and keywords in the title.

Last tip - Work at making a larger/broad link profile. You have a lot of links coming from here which can be good, but not enough links coming from other sources and your backlinks here don't do much for you. Be sure to switch up your anchor texts and not have a bunch of carpet cleaning city state links. Don't be afraid to use just your plain ol' domain for a link or your company name(brand building).

Info for everyone - As Will pointed out, Penguin 4.0 hit around May. Google still looks for social signals/engagement. If you're getting reviews on Google(or any review site) be sure to be replying to them and saying thank you and encouraging your customers to use you again. If you haven't signed up for Google Authorship here is a link for info: https://plus.google.com/authorship .

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Would definitely start checking the directories also.

I found quite a few that were wrong and didnt realize it.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I had to call Google because they had me listed in the city closest to me and not the city my address is actually in. Called, and got it fixed in 5 min.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I see you there just fine when i search carpet cleaning lincoln ne ​you are fine.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Thanks for the tips guys. It looks like I'm back in the ranks again. Whew, June is always my busiest month.....I sure didn't need to be absent on searches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom