The Hardest Job

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm sitting here at the computer trying to write a eulogy for a great friend and mentor. My buddy Kelly worked for many years in the fluid transfer business, a true guru with nearly any pump. He taught me how to fly fish, laughing at my first few attempts until I became "competent".We shared a lot of adventures. On Wednesday, I went to the hospital to say my goodbyes, as the cancer had started causing his body to shut down. He was in a coma at that point. He passed away an hour after I left the hospital. His wife asked me to write and read the eulogy at his funeral on Monday. Writing it is hard, reading it will be harder. Funny how immaterial some of the stuff we come up with as a humans is, me being as guilty as anyone. Watching a dear friend fade away really makes you look at things in a different light.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I feel your pain as I watched my father pass away at his bedside.
The moment I told him it was alright to let go it wasn't a minute that the monitor flat lined.

I am truly sorry .

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Sorry Willy,

My mom is having a real tough time with here cancer. I made the 3 hour trip last night to come surprise her at the hospital. It really sucks!

Hope you are doing as well as you can. This is a tough time. I have lost some close friends and some of my students to cancer. Really hate seeing this.

Mark Saiger

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Willy, it's nice you had such a great friendship and got to see him at the end. I miss my mom and dad and brother who all died of cancer. It so sucks. This will make you a better person. We are all here for such a short time.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sounds like he was a great friend to you Willy. Let them know what his friendship meant to you, how much you enjoyed the time with him and how much you'll miss him but you will always remember those good times you spent together. Sorry for your loss!

We found out my father has Prostate cancer back in July, it has gotten into his bones and nothing they can really do.

It was a reality shock for us all, I cried a lot, I prayed a lot and finally realized I have no control and can only be there for him.

Fortunately with all the drugs and treatments he is living life very much like normal. At his age, 81-years old, who knows how long he has, but who knows how long we all have.

All we can do is show those we care about that we love them and live life.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
My condolences to you Willy, It is a hard thing to do, But If you focus on the good times and the laughter you had with your friend, it'll be easier for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom