The history of the Turbo Tile Spinner and the TnG cleaning industry...

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Thx Mike that was very interesting. At what it cost to make those spinners verses the retail price I think they are making a mistake trying to build their own swivel. If the manufacturer of the swivel is the only one in the US that cost will be equal to all competitors.

ps. I think his reasoning on bigger is not better when it comes to the diameter of the tools also applies to carpet rotary extraction tools.

Reactions: Mikey P

Tom Forsythe

Great video!! The video was a trip down memory lane. I was new to Bridgepoint and was taking a stone class in Phoenix in 1999. I was the first in my company to see the prototype Mark showed in the video in a parking lot. I barely remember the encounter, but I know that I reported back to the Hanks brothers that they needed to see it in action. I remember the first time that I used it in the Sport's Mall that several of us did trade work for membership. We cleaned the tile and grout under the sink counter in the restroom. The grout was black. I sprayed some Flex liquid and quickly moved Mark's initial black-headed version. We had to explain to the janitor what I had done as it was perfectly white grout where I cleaned. We told him that it would be black quickly as he continued to mop the same way he was mopping (moving dirt from the tile into the grout).

I have enjoyed scores of conversations with Mark over the years. Mark brilliance helped to inspire me to always look forward and to look deeper into our cleaning technology whether it was mechanical or chemical in nature. I have a vivid memory of Mark telling me how he looked at grout lines in restaurant to quickly see if it was dirty grout or black grout. I still look at the grout every time that I go into a restaurant. Mark is indeed an icon in our industry and it was good to see him get credit in the video for his visionary tool.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Great videos of course! One thing I know for sure, Mark loves to talk without taking a single breath! I have personally talked with Mark for hours over the phone about tile and grout cleaning and color sealing...Recently helped me with his brushes he designed for color sealing...If you like crawling on your knees, his brushes work!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My first tile tool was made by steamway i beleive. It had wheels and squeezes. you had to change the jets which just basically misted but it cleaned well once it had bigger jets. Funny he mentioned the knobs hanging out rubbing cabinets. One of my complaints in my review.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom