The Latest Flim-Flam.......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Catalitic converters. Theives slide under your van at night, cut the converter off, and you wake up to a hell of a noise when you start it up in the morning. They must be using some type of pipe cutter because nobody is hearing these guys at work. Even a battery saw is going to be noisy. Probably been about 50 stole in my area over the last month. Thank God for my motion sensors I have placed out in the drive. Lets me know if anybody enters the property. With the house closed up for A/C, it's hard to hear anything outside creepin' around.

Plus the dog.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
You mean to tell me that NO one here reads their local police blotters or hot sheets? See if you can find one and check out the cat converter thefts. They are out there. And vans are an easy target cause anyone could slide under them without a jack and start cutting. There is money in the platinum (?) that is used in the converters, theives are cutting them off to scrap out, and some unscrupulous scrap dealers are taking them....no questions asked.

I guess that if you keep your van garaged all the time, there is no worry. I leave mine at home, in the drive, during warm months.

Now as for Meat........I hear he has a couple theives strung up in his shed that he "capped in the ass" for trying to steal his converters. Tropheys!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I can see where a smart thief would rather cut off an untraceable cat that he can scrap for $100 than break into a car and steal a stereo that he can sell for $50. Good to know that when you have your cats replaced you can demand they pay you for the old one rather getting stung with a "disposal" fee.

Cat theft seems to be less of a problem now. Due to rampant theft of metals when prices were high scrap yards are now subject to some of the same laws as pawn brokers, so a guy bringing in a lot of converters had better have an exhaust shop.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The Great Oz said:
I can see where a smart thief would rather cut off an untraceable cat that he can scrap for $100 than break into a car and steal a stereo that he can sell for $50. Good to know that when you have your cats replaced you can demand they pay you for the old one rather getting stung with a "disposal" fee.

Cat theft seems to be less of a problem now. Due to rampant theft of metals when prices were high scrap yards are now subject to some of the same laws as pawn brokers, so a guy bringing in a lot of converters had better have an exhaust shop.

You're right, Oz.......the problem is that some of the backwoods scrap dealers around here are still taking in the cats. I don't know how they get away with it. The state of Ohio (Kasich)would rather screw with public jobs around here than regulate the scrap industry. A shop just a mile from me lost about 20 cats last week, all from customers vehicles.

Name
Nate W.
Yea, it was a big problem here too.... Just right down the street from our shop, a fleet of vehicles got hit by cat thieves.... There is security guards that watch the City & County yards.... Surprisingly they know nothing about it... Even when my car with alarm got problem into with the window being shattered, never heard or seen a thing.... Or when some jacka$$ broke into the plate lunch place next door to us. Stole the whole fkn cash register on a sunday morning 1am, then heard the glass break but told the cops that my friends and I work on cars and they thought it was us.... wtf, seriously???

2 sundays ago, someone stole my parents Dodge Caravan that was parked on the street. I had a feeling friday night that I should move it or take the battery out, but didn't... They tried stealing it before, but the batter was dead so they couldn't take it...

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Nate The Great said:
Yea, it was a big problem here too.... Just right down the street from our shop, a fleet of vehicles got hit by cat thieves.... There is security guards that watch the City & County yards.... Surprisingly they know nothing about it... Even when my car with alarm got problem into with the window being shattered, never heard or seen a thing.... Or when some jacka$$ broke into the plate lunch place next door to us. Stole the whole fkn cash register on a sunday morning 1am, then heard the glass break but told the cops that my friends and I work on cars and they thought it was us.... wtf, seriously???

2 sundays ago, someone stole my parents Dodge Caravan that was parked on the street. I had a feeling friday night that I should move it or take the battery out, but didn't... They tried stealing it before, but the batter was dead so they couldn't take it...

This stuff happens in paridise?

Name
Nate W.
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Nate The Great":259lzbcu]Yea, it was a big problem here too.... Just right down the street from our shop, a fleet of vehicles got hit by cat thieves.... There is security guards that watch the City & County yards.... Surprisingly they know nothing about it... Even when my car with alarm got problem into with the window being shattered, never heard or seen a thing.... Or when some jacka$$ broke into the plate lunch place next door to us. Stole the whole fkn cash register on a sunday morning 1am, then heard the glass break but told the cops that my friends and I work on cars and they thought it was us.... wtf, seriously???

This stuff happens in paridise?[/quote:259lzbcu]

Yep... Ice/Crystal Meth/Batu what ever you want to call it, is a big problem down here... When copper was at it's peak for recycling, countless people stealing copper rain gutters, to breaking into the City & County electrical boxes on the side of the freeways stealing it.... 1 dude even died because he cut some live wires.... Fkn dumba$$!!! It went from copper to Catalitic converters... Whatever is paying more for it...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It was a bigger deal a couple years ago, RW
when MINE was stolen
they used a plumber's pipe cutting tool

i put motion detectors out after that
they sound an alarm INSIDE the house ..... :twisted:

I won't shoot them, but I'll break some fcking bones with a bat if i get the chance !gotcha!

..l.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom