The Mighty Jim Pemberton @ MFE

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim Pemberton, the world's most authoritative figure in the world of fine fabric restoration, will lead two sessions for the Mikey's Fest and Experience attendees. Along with Scott Warrington, Jim will report the findings from MB exclusive testings on solvent based carpet protectors being done early this year at Professional Testing Labs. Find out how two brands of protector (Bridgepoint and Dynachem) performed on unprotected carpet samples. Want to see scientific proof that carpet protectors really work so you and your employees can sell protector with a clear conscience? plan on attending this session. Protector sales and application techniques will also be discussed.
Jim, along with Satan, will also be outside during the trade show hours to lead a hands on session where you'll be able to test all the latest wands, rotary extractors and upholstery tools on protected and un-protected soiled carpet and upholstery.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
When you use unearned superlatives like "mighty" Mike, it reminds me of a stock answer I give when I get overly complimentary introductions:

"Thank you. My father would have enjoyed hearing that introduction. My mother would have believed it"

Its going to be a pleasure presenting there and joining friends I've not able to see face to face for several years.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Any protectors with "nano technology" (those that tout being permanent or semi-permanent) going to be part of this experiment? (MicroSeal, Fiber ProTector, Ultra Guard). I'd be very interested to hear some viewpoints on using these on fine fabircs.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I prefer the distraction Marty.

Meg, the companies promoting this technology were invited but did not respond to the invitation to participate.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Hmmmm. I just spoke with John at Fiber Protector today. Told him about the combo MF and Experience and it's not o be missed. He pulled it up on his computer while we were talking. Ended with him saying he'll look into it and it's a possibility.

Maybe Mikey needs to reach out to him???

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Thanks Mark! One round only though....I'm there to work lol.

One thing I'd like to do is put the latest upholstery tools through some tests that should be judged by independent cleaners, not me or any other distributor or manufacturer.

What things would you MB folks want to see done there to properly assess an upholstery tool? And which tools would you like to see tested?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
At MF 10 we had the Drimaster, the Shear Dry & the Sapphire tool to try out using the TM's in the Pavilion area.

Since that time CFR, the Mytee have came out with their offerings. It would be great to have all of them to handle and try out on a few pieces of upholstery.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I have some ideas of my own, but I'd like the gang here to come up with theirs first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom