The most unmanagable people around...

Bob Foster

That would be most of us here. Unemployable because we want to and will only do things our own way.

You show me someone here who is working for someone else and I will show you someone who won't be working for them for much longer. We are our own best worker and our worst enemy.

It's also why many people here are so successful.

Bob Foster

You're the exception by being a person who realizes it at an earlier age than most of us did.

Most of us tortured a few bosses and ourselves before we came to the realization that everyone was really stupid except ourselves.

Name
Lee Stockwell
My best job was maintenance for Flav-o-rich, a now defunct dairy processor. I loved the work, problem solving, and variety of challenges it offered. A blend of electrical and electronic troubleshooting, welding everything from food-grade stainless, to slimey conveyor tracks on my back in the dark. Diagnosing Pur-pak machines from the "sounds" the old-time operators described to me.

Trouble was, we had a union. The pinheads came in regularly to poison the work atmosphere and instill an adversarial relationship.

The final straw was when the union goons "with a wink and a nod" called an illegal wildcat strike. You don't do that to a fragile employer with both a perishable product and a perishable customer base.

I worked thru that wildcat strike, but at the same time turned in my notice. I worked six more weeks as it turned out. Flav-o-rich then closed their Murray plant.

FR management had a few goofballs as well, equally responsible for their demise.

Thanks,
Lee

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Bob Foster said:
You're the exception by being a person who realizes it at an earlier age than most of us did.

Most of us tortured a few bosses and ourselves before we came to the realization that everyone was really stupid except ourselves.

Oh that first guy here in Utah that screwed me over, he'll get torture alright........

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Dink...i screwed up...
it was YOU that shoulda got that machine.....i realized that after it was too late

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
hogjowl said:
Yep, I would have liked dinky to get that TM.

Then I could watch him deal with the real world.

Without Grandma.
yor about to be bitch slapped ...3 2 1.....

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Bawb - 3 week prior to the whole Josh arrangement; Harper had already offered to give me the truckmount. I respectfully declined as I wasn't in the position to accept it, and had no way of storing it/providing heat to it for the winter.

Marty - Stop shooting down my dreams of being the next Dave Rampage with my grandma. While you're waiting for me to get out in the real world, I'm still waiting for you to have a clue; too bad you'll never have enough money to even buy one.

Bob Foster

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Marty - Stop shooting down my dreams of being the next Dave Rampage with my grandma. While you're waiting for me to get out in the real world, I'm still waiting for you to have a clue; too bad you'll never have enough money to even buy one.
LOL...
hoodieandmarty.jpg

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Foster thats the funniest thing you've posted in a long time. I started to think you were losing your touch. :lol:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Bob Foster said:
We are our own best worker and our worst enemy.

It's also why many people here are so successful.
Agreed. However, the same traits that make someone succeed as a "start-up" (obsessive, compulsive, controlling and neurotic) may very well doom them as they try to grow their business beyond themselves. I tell every SFS class the famous words of the cartoon character Pogo really fit our industry as a whole: "We have met the enemy ... and he is us."

Steve
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS BTW, there is absolutely nothing wrong in someone recognizing where their "comfort zone" is and staying on the truck working solo if that is what they and their family want. I call it the "sweet spot" in life and very few people even figure out where it is- much less achieve it.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob Foster said:
[quote="Steven Hoodlebrink":2insidne]
LOL...
hoodieandmarty.jpg
[/quote:2insidne]
FUNNY AS HELL BOB!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom