The Mytee 1005 is a nice multi purpose portable

Bob Foster

http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=1005DX

Today I took delivery of a new Mytee 1005 portable. I unpacked it and with in the hour was using it on a brand new townhome that was the developers show unit that had just been sold.

I thought that as a light cleaning I would not expect too much out of it after all as a new machine a guy can be a little apprehensive about all kinds of things.

But as I was working away I decided to put this unit through its paces. It had a lot of features you wouldn't expect to see that were very thoughtful.

It had an unloader valve on the solution pump that made it very easy to dial pressures up and down and hold pressures well.

At the same time I was using the new drop jet Bentley Carbon Fiber 12 inch wand with 4 jets. Given this units substantial flow I was pleasantly surprised by lack of pressure dips this 500 psi pump would deliver.

Back to the new portable. Two cords plugged into two separate 15 amp circuits because of the high cfm two 3 stage motors and the big 500 psi pump. But let me tell you its worth it. With 50 feet of 2" hose it sucks as well as most truckmounts do. No complaints. The unit was convenient to fill and dump as well and light enough easily climb to stairs or load into a van.

The Bentley wand performed well and the carbon fiber shaft made it noticeably lighter to handle. I like the big D handle on it too.

If you are looking to add a portable to your complement of weapons or looking for a respectable stand alone machine this would be a good pick. Priced right and performs far better than most would expect. The Mytee 1005 portable should be the one that all other non-custom portables are measured against for portability and cleaning capacity.

And as it turned out not one adjustment was needed to make it run perfect right out of the box.

Really pleased!

Bob Foster

One of the criticisms of previous Bentley designs was the jets were the wrong angle and too far from the glide carpet interface. Mytee is in the process of developing a manifold to lower these jets. My wand has the interim configuration that would allow this.

It the same as this one and it will be changed over to a one piece manifold as they come out.
079800x600.jpg

Todd Anthony

''With 50 feet of 2" hose it sucks as well as most truckmounts do''

WOW a porty with as much suck at 50 ft. as most TM have. I guess times are a changin.That sounds like a nice machine.When is Mytee coming out with the new improved vacuum boosters?

Name
John LaBarbera
Todd Anthony said:
''With 50 feet of 2" hose it sucks as well as most truckmounts do''

WOW a porty with as much suck at 50 ft. as most TM have. I guess times are a changin.That sounds like a nice machine.When is Mytee coming out with the new improved vacuum boosters?

The mold is being made now. It will take some weeks for it to be completed. I'll post pictures as we get closer.

Thank you Bob Foster for the kind words. We appreciated it.

Bob Foster

It has serious suck and at least as good as a number 3 blower. I suggest were it will likely fall off in performance is with hose runs greater than 75 feet. However I haven't had the opportunity yet to try it out on those distances.

Scott Rogers

My M5 has very nice suction, but its not close to my Tm with 45 blower. Most I have run is 50 ft. After all its a portable, If i need to go further I will move the damn thing shiteatinggrin

hogjowl said:
But ... can you mount it in a truck and call it a truckmount?

I hear you can do that with the Recoil.

Yes you can if your standards are low enough, same as with the recoil.

Bob Foster

The Mytee M5 is a large version of the Mytee 1005. The difference is the 1005 does not have auto fill or auto pump out and has a few less gallons of capacity.

The motors and pump are basically the same on both units so the performance is very similar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom