The new Dri Master-

Mikey P

Administrator
MF08pics099-1.jpg

MF08pics098.jpg

MF08pics100.jpg

MF08pics101.jpg

Dislikes:

Still needs a finger operated on/off trigger.

Vacuum port/slot needs to much further forward for actual dry vacuuming and detail work.

Hose needs to be stiffer so it does not compress under load.

Metal lip edges need smoothing out. This beta model can and will do some serious damage.

Really needs a Teflon lip/head to be safe on delicates.

Could stand to be 2 inches shorter.

New flow valve is easier to use and in a much better location then the original.

Better ergonomics on the handle then original

Wider head is nice too.

I hope they dont release this as the final version when they're oh so close to a great tool.

Driguy

I can see that Dial to be the first thing that breaks off and steams water inside a customers home

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks cool!

Mike you're right, those metal edges look like they should be ground down before they snag the fabric! :shock:

You know they could get rid of the vacuum window too. I don't like them, it ends up being a weak link that could get cracked or lost when the tool gets dropped.

Or maybe it's just my tech's? :roll:

Nice tool!!!!

Name
Shawn Forsythe
It should be noted, the pictured tool is NOT the final design. It was, until feedback pressed for changes.

I had a tool, which HM asked us not to bring to MF, as the decision had been made to redo some of the characteristics.

The final revision will address some, if not all of the concerns voiced here.

That's great news Shawn,

It was those draw backs that kept me from taking that one out the back door and MF08 and putting it with Yasers weed eater

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'd agree with all of Mike's comments except one, and I'm glad to know the tool will not be exactly like the one pictured.

The tool won't work as designed if it had a trigger. The constant flow is what keeps water temperature at the slot high enough to clean effectively while leaving the fabric so dry. Add a trigger and you turn the tool into a very expensive version of a $75 close-coupled tool. If you have to have a way to shut off flow while you think about your next move, use the ball valve at the end of your pressure line, and let the water get back up to temperature before cleaning again.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Naturally, I have not seen it, only these photos.

I also agree with Bryan about the trigger.

Mikey brings up some good valid points from what I can see in the pics.

The hose looks like a "Recycler" hose from a CFR, & I also agree that I would prefer a more substantial hose.

What I can't see, is the ball valve at the other end of the hose.

Now if HM replace that with the "thumb knob" (as I call them), same as the one that replaced the other flow valve, it would be oh-so much better.

Supersucker

As i understand it the original tool was designed several years back due to carpal tunnel. The continuous flow makes operation less tiresome and keeps water temp steady.
I personally need to get a new uph tool & have been looking at the Prochem/butler unit. I would like to hear opinions from any of yous guys who have used the HM tool as well as the Prochem/butler unit.
Thanks

Tom Servo

I cleaned 700 banquet hall chairs with my drimaster upholstery tool a few months ago. If I had to use tool with trigger to do all that it would have killed me. It uses more water but I don't see that as that big a drawback.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Prochem tool is a great tool, it's only drawback is weight.

If you clean infrequently it's no big deal, if you clean upholstery with it everyday plan on tendinitis.

I prefer the Drimaster for it's light weight and ability to control the moisture on delicate Special care fabrics.

But we use the Prochem on standard care fabrics, it flushes better.

Buy both! :D

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have sliced the fabric in a chair with an old Hydroplane upholstery tool that had exposed metal edges. The new drimaster tool would be risky as it is now.

I did like the tool better than the old one overall. Wider for one thing. It looks like the water spray slot is wider, which I would think would lessen it plugging up.

It seems to me that the vacuum was closer to the spray which would seem better in design.

The valve looked to be an improvement, though it might easily get moved off the right setting as one is working with it.

I noticed that the spray chamber surface was recessed some. I am not sure the reason, but likely there is some reason for that that makes sense.

I doubt it will outperform a Hydrokinetic tool, but if some things are addressed before release, I can see it becoming very popular.

Loren

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Sorry Shorty, I was assuming every cleaner has a ball valve at the end of his pressure line to make tool changes easier.

I think I remember the flow valve having "click" stops to make inadvertent flow changes less likely.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My driM tool is in my closet.
I would still want an On-Off valve near the operating hand rather than have the water continually flowing. I needed to make dry passes with mine since I could still see significant water coming across the viewer. Can't do a dry pass with the water on.

And to turn the water off every time by going to the hose ball valve would be a real PITA. The current design I would have to use my left hand to turn off the rotary valve. It needs to be one hand operable.

A teflon glide is almost a necessity. The Hydrokinetic from Steam Way has a glide. It sure makes cleaning a lot easier and safer.

Overall, even though the HK tool is heavy, I'd take it over the DM.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Bryan, my mistake, I thought you were referring to the valve at the start of the solution line ON the tool itself.

This was/is a pain for me.

:oops: Yes, I also have ball valve at the end of each solution line ;-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom