The new honda TCS motor, Now that's a hot motor. pics

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Ok eldiablo is not using honda any more... I called TCS They are. honda has been to TCS and certified them... The new motor im told is equivilent to a 29 HP motor.. Manufacturers are not going to be posting there HP any more for some reason.

This new motor has a built in tach and all kinds of goodies on the motor itself and meets cali emmisions
Tell me this nw motor doesnt look hot

http://www.honda-engines.com/engines/gx690.htm

http://www.honda-engines.com/

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
thats what it says, but something about it equals a 29 hp. im not understanding. more powerfull than the 24 hp. doesnt make sense to me yet.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
FCC said:
I'm actually surprised folks here haven't sent there engines off to lawnmower and cart racing shops. :lol: :lol: :lol:

even seen any pro-stock lawn/garden tractor pulls?

they're too fookin cool.
a mini sled just like the big boys use and hooked up to the ole Speedex
they get 60 to 70 HP out of a single cylinder 16 HP Briggs.. :shock:

Joe, word on the street is, the Honda power plants don't fare so well in TM applications .
Not sure why, cause I have a couple pressure washers that are Honda powered and they've been bullet proof
but i don't hear the same about Hondas in TMs

..L.T.A.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I've got a Honda 24 HP in my slide-in, and it is one smooth running motor, with plenty of torque.

When running 2 wands, there is no discernible bog in the truckmount when it is running (if there was you would hear it at the machine).

I also have a Honda 18 HP in a generator, and it is 6 years old with nary a burp.

Greenie

I'll join in with the crowd, a .6 liter engine is a .6 liter engine, I don't see much different there.

And Bob, not that what I think makes much of a difference, but I can't imagine any engine struggling in DUAL wand, it's simply a less demanding load no matter how you slice it, the second wand is allowing less load on the entire vac system, and generally speaking the RPMs would be turned UP for dual, therefore increasing HP and Torque in the process.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Absolutely, Greenie, there is less strain (load) when running dual wands.

But, there are many times when running dual wands, both wands are in contact with the carpet at the same time. Still, the motor is very smooth.

This truckmount system is also a free-flow in the vacuum system design utilizing the dual recovery tanks to produce a more even vacuum to each wand. A more even vacuum, means each technician is getting the fair share of cleaning power to each wand simultaneously, no peaks and valleys.

Even when running 1 wand, there is always a controlled leak present in the vacuum system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom