The new HOSS700 glides came in..

Mikey P

Administrator
20140731_231430_zpsjnxzfi3h.jpg

20140731_231526_zpsbmnvzusw.jpg

KS tells me that the flat option runs smoother than the stock shoe and cleans deeper so I'm not sure why the instructions recommend it for light soiling...?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Haven't tried mine yet. The slots don't extend as far toward the edge of the turntable as the slots in the steel glides. And they aren't Teflon.

Lisa?

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Don't even bother putting the rounded ones on.............not a good fit with your truck.........

The square flat ones rule......its a entire different machine..........

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Used plastic glides on a couple jobs this am. Seems to glide smoother, less aggressive. Seemed to clean the same, but They weren't real dirty.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Dry time is better...machine float across carpet. .much eaiser to manage. ..you can get get closer to transitions with out having to worry about metal hitting them...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Dry time is better...machine float across carpet. .much eaiser to manage. ..you can get get closer to transitions with out having to worry about metal hitting them...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Do the plastic glides clean as well as the steel glides?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Exactly.

Just like with a wand.

Not exactly true............there is a difference between cleaning with a glided and a un-glided wand......

think about your filter baskets way back when before glides..........how full did they get.....how full are they now with the glides....take your glide off and test it for yourself....but it does not matter on the rotary....it still digs out the same no matter which ones are on it..............

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Not exactly true............there is a difference between cleaning with a glided and a un-glided wand......

think about your filter baskets way back when before glides..........how full did they get.....how full are they now with the glides....take your glide off and test it for yourself....but it does not matter on the rotary....it still digs out the same no matter which ones are on it..............

I've not noticed much of that. Not saying it isn't true. I just do such a thorough job of vacuuming that I seldom notice much debris in my filter.

It's been my experience that it's the detergent soluble soils people use when judging cleaning effectiveness.

Last edited:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Cleaned a super-nasty this morning with the plastic glides. Surprised they cleaned as well as the steel and didn't seem to stretch/ deform the carpet as much as the steel glides.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Do glides come with a hoss when you order a new one now? now you don't have to worry about chipping off some tile on the home owner install.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom