The New Install

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I posted pics of the outside of the new install.
Had a challenge with the new gas engine. Oil pump seized out of the box, took them almost a month to get it replaced.
6mth project. But here she is. Have a few things to do yet but doing the first job with her this morning.
Not the prettiest but its functional and everything is secure.

[video=youtube_share;CU_qOZHbr4I]http://youtu.be/CU_qOZHbr4I[/video]

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Seems like you got everything you need in there Ron.

Who did the HX on the Judson? Don @ Johns customs?

Which box truck did you get? What's the GVWR on it?

Bill

Bjorn

not sure but thought you and whats his name were all into the propane thing?

why the change

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Wish I had the propane still. Its a lot easier to control and gave me all the heat I needed.
Have to learn the operation of this exhaust hx. I buried the temp needle!!
20140624_122534_zpsa4e747a1.jpg

Those guys claiming 280 at the truck are full of it. I was blasting steam! Bit of a learning curve.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Yes, Don built the hx
The truck is a 95 Ford cube van, 14ft box. 11000gvw. Has the 7.3L Ford Powerstroke diesel. Almost out accelerates my car even with a load.

Definitely don't need anything more than a 4.7 blower. I think I broke a weld! and I only running at 3000rpm. Still have 600rpm in reserve.

Reactions: tmdry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
What did he quote you on the HX? Is a dual HX w/ bypass?

I was looking to put both of my TNT in a box, but Foster once told me I would need at least a 16k gvwr truck.

Last edited:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Thanks
One day I'll get a 175, when I have a need for one. 20yrs, never used one but I've got room for one.

The complete HX kit was about 3500. That incl the dual HX, the diverter and cable, exhaust wrap, hose and muffler clamps, flex tubing, dema and needle valve, murphy switch, pretty much everything I needed. The only extra piece I bought was a pressure relief valve, $60CDN.

Don't know about what gvw you'd need for yours but this is basically the same truck as my original but 8yrs newer and A LOT better condition. I put air bags on it as well for a better ride with the weight.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I was looking to put both of my TNT in a box, but Foster once told me I would need at least a 16k gvwr truck.

how much does a TNT weigh?
and how many gallons of fresh water do you regularly carry?

an empty cargo van (regular 1 ton van) has a curb wt of roughly 5000 pounds (give or take)
has a gross wt of 9400 (give or take)
If i know what all that means, you can carry roughly 4000+ pounds (when distributed right)

..L.T.A.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ron,

That was roughly what I was quoted plus or minus the cost of shipping. So roughly 6-7k for both machines. A week later a saw a Vortex about a hour away, and purchased it for 7k.

Larry,

I don't usually carry a lot of water, on one of my vans it is usually around 25-60 gallons out of the 100 gallon fresh water tank (poly vertical). We usually just fill at clients house if we need more water, but we seldom go towards 80-90 gallons fully loaded.

I'm not sure about the weight of the TNT, maybe some of the guys here may know? My guestimate would be in the 500-700 lbs range dry.

Other things that would be on the box would be rokan hose vac electric reel (300 ft) w/ lil better hose, 2 rokan sol reels w/ 1/4 in sol lines (200 ft each), chem rack, crb, rotovac, wands, chems, water softner, etc. To give an idea what else would be in there all the time. I was told to run 2 100 gallon fresh water tanks, but I think that would be too much and take up too much weight. I would prefer to put another transfer pump or a Y on the current one and use the 100 gallon fresh we already have, on the jobs we may use both machines we can always get extra water from clients house.

The 360k btu heater I have sitting in the shop would basically give the heat for both machines, I noticed Eezee TM's had a dual heat exchanger/burner where there was a splitter to run from both a HX and a burner.

I'm debating doing all that or just buying another used Vortex.

Sorry for the hijack.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom