the new kid is a switch hitter..

Name
Steve Lawrence
Before rotary extraction, many years ago, we wanded exclusively. Always right handed. I looked at my bare torso in the mirror one day and couldn't believe how lopsided I had developed. Since then I always mix in a little left handed cleaning just to balance the workout. That helped but getting an RX-20 helped even more.

It's awkward but if you do a lot of wanding you should really do it both left and right handed or you will develop a very strange body plus you will likely have back issues. It still feels awkward to me to do it left handed and I'm just not as good a cleaner but I will force my self to do it for my health. I clean left handed on the easier parts of the job--straight aways, or middle of rooms (not much around furniture or stuff to be careful of).

Reactions: The Great Oz

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Me Me Me, I can

If you don't your not a Real cleaner!

There are places you have to change hands!

Unless your skinny n can fit between walls n the wand.

Hacks : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have back trouble. If I don't switch up from left to right it gets really aggravated. So, as a result, I have become a switch hitter, so to speak.

I have noticed that my son is switching up as well. I have never spoken about it to him, as far as I can remember. He's doing it from watching me, I suppose.

It's amazing the things your kids pick up on just from watching.

Now, if I can just get him to stop turning in circles with the wand. The loops in the hoses drive me crazy.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Lol,
My ball of hoses is getting smaller : )

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'm one of those weird people(I know I know) that are already ambidextrous. I write and throw a ball with my right, but I play hockey, shoot pool, and can bowl right or left handed.

Oh... yeah I used both arms to wand too.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am profoundly right handed, naturally. I forced myself, beginning at an early age, to learn to use my left hand at many things most normal people wouldn't worry about. I can brush my teeth, pick my nose, wipe my butt and comb my hair left handed.

I can also flip you off with either hand.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
When you're as proficient as the Kid on his strong side, you don't need to dink around like that. ;-)

The Clean Machine

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Before rotary extraction, many years ago, we wanded exclusively. Always right handed. I looked at my bare torso in the mirror one day and couldn't believe how lopsided I had developed. Since then I always mix in a little left handed cleaning just to balance the workout. That helped but getting an RX-20 helped even more.

It's awkward but if you do a lot of wanding you should really do it both left and right handed or you will develop a very strange body plus you will likely have back issues. It still feels awkward to me to do it left handed and I'm just not as good a cleaner but I will force my self to do it for my health. I clean left handed on the easier parts of the job--straight aways, or middle of rooms (not much around furniture or stuff to be careful of).
Funny, I always assumed Steve was a LEFT hander.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The great thing about the zipper, it works both sides evenly. Super easy to work one handed left or right. I'm not strong enough anymore to run the wand opposite arm.

Gene

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
I'm right handed but use both, switching mid-stroke! Lol!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Teach a tech to clean with either hand when they're brand new. They're awkward with either hand at that point, so it's easier to learn to do this right away.

Hard to clean for fourteen hours straight, even harder if you don't switch off.

Reactions: Jim Morrison

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I have a tech thats a switch hitter but not with the wand....oh well come to think of it I guess he is just not the carpet wand. Nice guy and a good tech , just never understood why he
hits for both teams.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Switch Hitting it

Can ya tell?

a4y4ajem.jpg

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Given my walk behind weighs some 20Kg I doubt I could "dual machine" clean by myself.

Grant

Ron K

I thought that right and left handed wanding was what dual wanding was.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom