The new TCS chief II diesel HD. Diesel fuel, and heat

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
http://tcsatl.com/chiefdiesel.html

So this thing is ran off diesel fuel and has a diesel burner to heat water, from what im seeing. I have been eyeing a diesel sprinter van and this would be perfect. Anyone know anything about these yet? 495 CFMS???? wow

[iframe:1xeru1ta]http://tcsatl.com/chiefdiesel.html[/iframe:1xeru1ta]

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
I did see this at TCS' C-A-D last Saturday. They had it installed in the back of a Sprinter, just inside of the back door. Impressive unit for the price. Also it had a standard "pressure washing" style heater inside of the side door.

They also had their new 25hp/45blower HX unit out for demo.

Scott

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
A few years ago Steam Way had a prototype with a diesel engine and burner. Seems like someone else has one (maybe Powerclean?)

Should give great cleaning performance! What does the Sutorbilt 4L DSL compare to? A 47 or 48?

maker

I like that they include 250' feet of each hose and 175 gallon recovery tank in the basic package instead of making those add ons.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Is a diesel engine still available in a Ford? Sprinter is skinny and goofy-looking.

Kinda like yo mama.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I am falling in love with oil burner heat now that I have most of the bugs out of my steamway. I wonder if you could run bio diesel through the heater? I would only run diesel through the heater if I could tell my customers; Yea I smells but, it’s green. I would prefer a bigger fresh water tank and auto pump out.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
This is the cheapest and best price for a diesel and diesel burner i have seen anywhere. And I know there reliable cause I have a chief that goes non stop. Love umm.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Joey something to consider, when I looked at the Sprinter I was told if you tap into the fuel line it would void the warranty. That was 3 years ago and may have changed. I was looking at it but didn't want to drop that kind of money without the warranty.

gene

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
hogjowl said:
If you think that price is high, then you haven't shopped TM's lately. DooDaddy and Les both are higher than that on their 47 and 48 units. Prochem and Hydramaster are WAY higher.
Marty,
The price is a little cheaper then ProChem Apex (Diesel) but not hugely so.
It does come with a few nice extras.

The question is, do they have a good track record and do they provide good support for their products, when things do go wrong.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
ACE said:
I am falling in love with oil burner heat now that I have most of the bugs out of my steamway. I wonder if you could run bio diesel through the heater? I would only run diesel through the heater if I could tell my customers; Yea I smells but, it’s green. I would prefer a bigger fresh water tank and auto pump out.

I don't think I'd be running any biodiesel though that burner, Why risk it? I think it would leave too much gummy residue on the coils. I've seen some units were the guys have run the old high sulfur diesil through thier heaters :shock: Man those coils were sooo gummed up with sulfer residue I couldn't believe it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes ... I can vouch for their service and the dependability of their units. I have owned three of their units and buy stuff from the all the time. They have the small shop atmosphere without the small shop problems. Like, they are always there during business hours and ship on time, etc. You can get Chan on the phone for service quickly.

kolfer1 said:
hogjowl said:
If you think that price is high, then you haven't shopped TM's lately. DooDaddy and Les both are higher than that on their 47 and 48 units. Prochem and Hydramaster are WAY higher.
Marty,
The price is a little cheaper then ProChem Apex (Diesel) but not hugely so.
It does come with a few nice extras.

The question is, do they have a good track record and do they provide good support for their products, when things do go wrong.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Marty is right. I had them install mine in Atlanta. What it doesnt say on the site, but i got it.. You can always get a better price.. they gave me a free chemical shelf filled with chemicals as well. Free install you cant beat that.. Now I did have a problem with mine something simple that i messed up.. My local dealer fixed it under warranty. He called TCS and they said fix it. No hassles or problems. I think marty needs another one.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have some pics of one installed in a sprinter van.. if anyone wants to see them let me know ill e-mail to ya

Name
Nate W.
joeynbgky said:
I have some pics of one installed in a sprinter van.. if anyone wants to see them let me know ill e-mail to ya

Just post the pics.... Everyone would love to see the install. Did they tap into the fuel tank or run a separate fuel cell?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom