The NEW way to clean tile and grout in restaurant

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Forgive me if I'm wrong but this doesn't look right

I go last night to do my routine Wendy's 3 month cleaning

I watch the girl start scooping ice cubes, yes ice cubes on the floor.

I smiled repeatedly and said ok I give up what are the ice cubes for....She said the guy who brings them their chems said put down ice cubes with degreaser...It makes it easier to clean...

???

IMAG0155.jpg

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
i've never heard that one before.

not sure i'm buying it.

but, it is good for a laugh!!!!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Dave Yoakum said:
What a great liabilaty/slip hazzard!!

ever watched them clean in the back areas???

they flood that ALL THE TIME.....so its the store that would eat a worker comp...

Name
Lee Stockwell
When I was first exposed to bonnet cleaning in 1971 or so the salesman suggested ice in the sprayer and bonnet bucket to get the best results. Will have to think about it today to try to remember why he said that.

Name
Eric Valentine
One Wendy's had the brains to mop the back room while a worker was there repairing the cash register system. Grout lines were full of grease, and the worker had been walking on the floor previous to them mopping. The repairman ended up with a shattered tibia, resulting in a 4 1/2+ hour surgery to put his knee back together.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ice is an obvious site when a chemical just sparayed realesing the grease looks like a wet floor. If I saw a floor with ice cubes all over even without warning I wouldn't walk across but if it were simply "wet" not realizing the grease releasing chemicals I would stroll across. So if Dave could explain the difference between an obvious hazard IE Ice cubes and a non obvious hazard and explain why the obvious hazard is a lawsuit

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
XTREME1 said:
Ice is an obvious site when a chemical just sparayed realesing the grease looks like a wet floor. If I saw a floor with ice cubes all over even without warning I wouldn't walk across but if it were simply "wet" not realizing the grease releasing chemicals I would stroll across. So if Dave could explain the difference between an obvious hazard IE Ice cubes and a non obvious hazard and explain why the obvious hazard is a lawsuit

With Workman's comp it doesn't matter if the hazard was obvious and just because you would walk around it doesn't mean a worker would. Ice under a foot is slippery and would add to the injury when the worker falls on them followed by those rescuing them.

(Think the three stooges only with the average restaurant workers )

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
now I didn't see if there were hazard cones Dave you must have a better view than me because workers comp wouldn't care whether there was ice or chemicals it would still be a slip and fall but you singled out this particular method so i would like to hear the reasoning

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I remember being told to pour a bucket of ice on a grease spill at KFC so I could scoop it up with a shovel.

Hope that helps.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I heard Coke can clean a lot of things even battery cables.

Add some coke to that ice.

Alcohol can be a good stripper. So then ad some Captain Jack to that mix.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I attended a local disty. seminar last week. The Spartan/Certified rep suggested when cleaning hard floors to use cold water with an alkaline cleaner. He said that using warm or hot water with alkaline cleaners seems to contribute to sticky floors. He had no explanation as to why. Sounded like BS to me, but...?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom