The Ninja Warrior RUN FAST AND HARD!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
RUN FAST AND HARD FROM THE NEW NINJA

I just bought out another business and it came with a newer 500 psi Ninja Warrior with dual 3 stage vacs.
My list of beefs and poorly thought out design issues:

1- The pump, unless it's choked down to a 2 flow drops over 200 psi when keyed open. Optimum factory setting is 350 psi. So much for the 500 psi rating. 2 1101 jets? Yeah- that's flow :roll:
2- No splash deflector in the recovery tank. There's always a small puddle of water that gets blown through the vac motors. I've been told the vacs are off shore manufactured and don't last.
3- The drain valve is so stupidly designed, I have to chuckle every time I use it. The valve handle hits the top of the tank and you can't put a spigot on it if you roll it in the truck on it's back.
4-VERY awkward design. You can't lift the stupid thing.
5-Too wide. If Mrs. Piffleton has any furniture in a hall, you can't get around it.
6- No auto fill or dump :roll:

I've found a buyer for this and I'll be delighted to deliver it to him later today.I'll be buying another Recoil. Ed gives support and not the excuses I got when I called Century 400. "We have to compete with the Mytee's and other manufacturers" (direct quote) So the story is that K'archer can't compete with John L, so they sell shitty equipment.

The sales pitch talks about going over hill and dale , consulting with the industry before coming up with this canard. I highly doubt that was the case.

They REALLY need to go back to the drawing board, as this is a POS.
And they need to consult with REAL FRIGGING POG's, not some lard assed engineer that needs a slide rule to differentiate between his ass and a hole in the ground.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Canard? Willy Tell us how you really feel. Congratulations on the biz purchase, hope it works out great.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Why would you use the term "canard"? Does it have something to do with your mental instability?

Great post by the way. Rarely does anyone on the boards go from one porty to another. You have always been a fan of the recoil. Now you have field experience with another and even more amunition. That scares me....

Rick

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Jay DeLaughter said:
Canard? Willy Tell us how you really feel. Congratulations on the biz purchase, hope it works out great.

It is working out great :D ! I'll recover my cost in 3 or 4 months and then it's all gravy from there. I've got a good offer on the Astro that came with it, I'm dumping the POS Ninja, keeping the rest of the gear (unless someone wants a 100 psi fiberglass box) and liking the new custys.
Very happy! The post was a warning about the Ninja. Pretty sad POS.

rick imby said:
Why would you use the term "canard"? Does it have something to do with your mental instability?

Great post by the way. Rarely does anyone on the boards go from one porty to another. You have always been a fan of the recoil. Now you have field experience with another and even more amunition. That scares me....

Rick

Canard- 1. a false or baseless, usually derogatory story, report, or rumor.

Lots of misrepresentation and , well, outright bullshit in the sales pitch video. I don't want to see anyone get stiffed by the slick sales pitch.
Mental instability? You're a mountain biker. I live on Mt. Fromme in the famed North Shore. I've busted too many helmets going over the handlebars :shock: (knees, crushed foot, back, gravel rash....)

Name
John LaBarbera
Willy P said:

I just bought out another business and it came with a newer 500 psi Ninja Warrior with dual 3 stage vacs.

1- The pump, unless it's choked down to a 2 flow drops over 200 psi when keyed open. Optimum factory setting is 350 psi. So much for the 500 psi rating. 2 1101 jets? Yeah- that's flow :roll:
2- No splash deflector in the recovery tank. There's always a small puddle of water that gets blown through the vac motors. I've been told the vacs are off shore manufactured and don't last.
3- The drain valve is so stupidly designed, I have to chuckle every time I use it. The valve handle hits the top of the tank and you can't put a spigot on it if you roll it in the truck on it's back.
5-Too wide. If Mrs. Piffleton has any furniture in a hall, you can't get around it.

I've found a buyer for this and I'll be delighted to deliver it to him later today.I'll be buying another Recoil. Ed gives support and not the excuses I got when I called Century 400. "We have to compete with the Mytee's and other manufacturers" (direct quote) So the story is that K'archer can't compete with John L, so they sell shitty equipment.

The sales pitch talks about going over hill and dale , consulting with the industry before coming up with this canard. I highly doubt that was the case.

And they need to consult with REAL FRIGGING POG's, not some lard assed engineer that needs a slide rule to differentiate between his ass and a hole in the ground.

Funny that with all the other manufacturers out there they only see Mytee Machines as a viable threat. I think that's a compliment. Thanks for the plug, Willy. BTW we have a Hypro pump coming in to test.

randy

Name
Randy
rctpks said:
The Ninja has really never been about quality of construction though, has it?

I've always felt they were all about CHEAP, entry level machine?

Yep, the portable of choice for the bucket brigade Bait N switch army.
Remember the original ? I started with a 55PSI fiberglass unit and when the 100 PSI Ninga came out I was thrilled, LOL.
They actually referred to them as the new high powered portables. Two, 2 stage vacs & 100 PSI, NO HANDLE, and totally scary to think back on .

I really don't know how I ever cleaned with that 55 psi thing. I remember doing a huge 7 story office building with it and a small HILD rotary. I was one of my first jobs and I was only doing the hallways but it took three weeks. I would get locked in every night at 5pm and clean till 7Am. Then I would spend a half hour packing everything up and returning a borrowed fan to the janitors closet.

Towards the end of that job I think my Dad thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown . He started stopping by and taking me to breakfast, almost every morning.

When I finally finished that job I had enough cash to get through the winter. That was always something to celebrate, kind of like NOW.

Name
John LaBarbera
randy said:
rctpks said:
The Ninja has really never been about quality of construction though, has it?

I've always felt they were all about CHEAP, entry level machine?

Yep, the portable of choice for the bucket brigade Bait N switch army.
Remember the original ? I started with a 55PSI fiberglass unit and when the 100 PSI Ninga came out I was thrilled, LOL.
They actually referred to them as the new high powered portables. Two, 2 stage vacs & 100 PSI, NO HANDLE, and totally scary to think back on .

I really don't know how I ever cleaned with that 55 psi thing. I remember doing a huge 7 story office building with it and a small HILD rotary. I was one of my first jobs and I was only doing the hallways but it took three weeks. I would get locked in every night at 5pm and clean till 7Am. Then I would spend a half hour packing everything up and returning a borrowed fan to the janitors closet.

Towards the end of that job I think my Dad thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown . He started stopping by and taking me to breakfast, almost every morning.

When I finally finished that job I had enough cash to get through the winter. That was always something to celebrate, kind of like NOW.

You're got to be grateful to have a Dad like that. Reminds me of my father.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Willy;

To their credit, they actually did do focus groups with some very tough portable users.

About five of our portable users met with two designers from Century.

They did this in several locations across the U.S.

The Warrior was the result.

The pump issue you mentioned can be fixed with the proper cam to get increased flow.
We are getting 1.4 GPM with the same pump system with larger jets.

Pressure will be about 300 PSI.

Vac motors are imported, but they are fairly reliable.

The Ninja is definitely easier to handle, and we still make it with two 3-stage vac systems.

Larry

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Willy P said:

AGREED! We bought several and they are lacking suction power!.....

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greg;

Did your machines come with 2 two-stage vacs ?

If so then the vacuum is less than desired.

Greenie should answer this one ...
since the vacs are in his favored parallel configuration.

They need to be in series or replaced with a hi-perf 3-stage vac.

Larry

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Larry Cobb said:
Greg;

Did your machines come with 2 two-stage vacs ?

If so then the vacuum is less than desired.

Greenie should answer this one ...
since the vacs are in his favored parallel configuration.

They need to be in series or replaced with a hi-perf 3-stage vac.

Larry
YES- Those are the only ones that Jon Don carries

Greenie

I'd have to look at one before I commented.

I think CMS in San Mateo has one, i'll go check it out and fire it up and see if it's lame or reasonable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom