the olive garden situation from the cats mouth

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Talked to the gm at olive garden last night when we where in there cleaning. He told me that for a while darden had a wing of their corporation which was facility maintanence and they would manage all maintenance projects including carpets. I was told that depending on the region or district some regional managers want to do business with only one company and will force all their stores to use a service provider. The gm told me that he is given a budget and is encouraged to find local vendors and can pick his own service provider as long as he stays within budget. He also said that they are trying to get away from national companies because of the quality of work and hassles with rescheduling and so fourth. For those of you on here that lost an og restaurant I would definitely stay in contact with management and don't burn that bridge because it has been confirmed to me that Stanley steemer is definatley not servicing the whole company and this appears to be some sort of store by store or regional thing

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok, now that you brought this to light let me share our experience with Facilities Management. One of our clients that we were cleaning 4 units for also hired this group. We had to go through all kinds of hoops to get set up with them. What a nightmare servicing these four accts came to be. What was once extremely easy to set up and service became difficult and they could not perform their requirements worth a darn. They would call the units give them the wrong report times and sometimes even the wrong day! Took us twice as long to get paid. The good news was that every single member of management hated it also. They lasted 6 months and were fired!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I am dealing with this same scenario with one of our larger accounts. The name of the company is facility source and it is a nightmare to deal with management companies that are trying to micromanage service for another company that has its own management team. So the scheduling and satisfaction conflicts are endless.

Also have to be an idiot jumping throughout hoops to get paid. They want us to checking in and to check out everyday, if you don't they will hold your check till and updated time manifest is filed and approved.

Neil King

Name
Neil King
I don't understand why this is so complicated, and why restaurants are even doing this. I ran a restaurant for 5 years and it was simple- Schedule carpet cleaning every 30 days to be done at the same time each visit. Put bill in accounts payable pile, carpet cleaner gets paid in about 2 weeks. Simple.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
You don't get it. Corp offices (much like our federal government) are way overstuffed and over paid for what most of them actually do. So they have to come up with shit that they roll down hill to make the store managers job harder to "justify" their 50-60k per year positions.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ahh Jon...
jus to let ya know.........it"s.......
from the horses mouth.......
and it's the cats azz............!

carry on.....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
You don't get it. Corp offices (much like our federal government) are way overstuffed and over paid for what most of them actually do. So they have to come up with shit that they roll down hill to make the store managers job harder to "justify" their 50-60k per year positions.

no shit.....other then you left out the part they have noooo idea wtf is going on at the store/district level 90% of the time

Reactions: BLewis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom