The One-Two Punch...?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Who is using a dual process (HWE AND Encap) in commercial settings? We've been doing quite a few jobs like this lately. But, there is some debate on the execution of this method. Currently we HWE, followed by Encap to reduce wicking issues. Getting some amazing results with this dual method.

Do you HWE first then Encap?

Encap then HWE?

If HWE followed by Encap, to you apply protection over the Encap?

We've been getting some conflicting opinions/feedback on the order of methods and use of protection. Would love to hear what you all have to say.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
HWE the encap or you are rinsing out the benefits of the encap product. Protector only if its a product designed specifically for application following encap. Of course you can always let it dry completely then apply any protector.

Reactions: GCCLee

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Conflicting opinions on forums :eekk:

We do both, depends on the situation. Encap is still a good pre-spray for office buildings prior to HWE.

If it needs citrus or more punch then we would go with a normal pre-spray and post encap if necessary.
Usually we just post encap specific stains/ areas and not the whole building.

Guess it depends what type of buildings you are talking about.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Think of the old two step method, Shampoo and rinse.

But to get wicking means you have over wet the carpet, reduce psi and follow up with a dry bonnet cleaning.

No magic in that encapsulation crap.

Do the right thing in cleaning and you won't need no stinking EnCapsUlatioN scampoo to cover up your piss poor HWE techniques.

Reactions: GCCLee

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Hi Meg.

We use this process every day. What it means in practical terms is that we do conventional HWE cleaning with a portable, but instead of buying ordinary HWE pre-treaters and the like, we use encap chemicals.

So in our system we encap first - which breaks up the soil just like a traffic lane conditioner would, then we dwell and extract it with an encapsulation fortified acid rinse.

In our case we mostly use Scot's Tuff chemicals because they are setup to be used in this way. Scotlabs recently joined MB as a member so you could of course message them about these chems.

Scot's Tuff makes up the vast majority of chemical consumption simply because they work so well and I am now very comfortable in using them and knowing what they will and won't do. That said I use other chems (encap chems) in my HWE work as well from time to time as needs demand.

I have used our system with:

ReleaseIt Encap Clean DS
ReleaseIt Encap Punch
VacAway Encap Green
Aussie Encappa (A little known locally formulated product).

Results are good.

Grant

Last edited:
Reactions: PrimaDonna

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
No...conflicting opinions at Burdick's Cleaning.....

You're both right!

If you are going to scrub first with an encap might as well rinse with one then too.
Get the full benefit.

That is how we started but found encap products can't cut through enough on every job.
So we carry both and decide based on job conditions.

Name
I'm Rick James
It depends on soiling conditions.. if its a nasty job then I would probably HWE first.. if it was kosher I would encap and probably not even HWE. If anything I would think HWE last..

I use a crb and Magicwands Atomic with amazing success.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
maybe forget about selling Protector on CGD? putting it on olefin is a waste to me. i always recommend to my clients that Pro isn't needed on CGD, even tho it is more $ for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom