The price was lowered 50 dollars. I may pull the trigger.

I need a vac asap.

I had to toss both of my vacuums today.

This is the one I am considering. It has all the features I want and it is 50 dollars cheaper at Wal Mart than BBAB.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hoover-Platin ... m/10824755

This is the other one I am considering. I can get three for the price of the first one, but I just can't see myself using it for my everyday vacuum.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-Power ... gMethod=rr

What do I know though?

If I go with the cheaper one, I can always upgrade later and use it for a back-up.

I looked at every vacuum at Sears and Wal Mart. The Hoover was nice but still not what I was looking for. After looking at all those vacuums I am convinced the Kenmore I had was the best vacuum for a professional cleaner. That model is hard to find. I couldn't find one thing I didn't like about it and have used it for close to a year. I am going to order one off Ebay when a deal comes along.

I need a vacuum right now so I bought this Eureka over the bissel for several reasons.

- It was cheaper (59.99)
- The hose is transparent to see if it gets clogged.
- The bissel has a long stiff attachment permanently secured to the hose. That would make vacuuming stairs a challenge. The Eureka's hose fits easily in your hand so vacuuming stairs would be easier. If you prefer to use the brush roll, the vacuum is not too heavy.
- The Eureka has an easy to empty dust cup. Just push a button and the dirt falls out.
- It came with an upholstery attachment.

The main selling point was the fact that it would be easier to use on stairs. I picked up an extra filter.
Is it a pos? Probably, but I needed something to get me by, and this should work. Plus I think it will be fine if I keep the filter and brush roll clean.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Eureka-8-amp- ... ductDetail

FCC said:
Gotta be better than the powerforce.........I cannot stress enough how much that vac fookin sucks......I considered posting again just for emphasis :shock:

Yes it took about 30 seconds for me to realize the Eureka was the better 60 dollar vac. I just got done using it. It is pretty quiet. It seems to work ok and the filters are washable.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
The 46.00 powerforce just plain works.. the 76.00 dollar powerforce is a PIA... Daniel instead of washing out the filters... if you havce an air compressor take a blow gun to your filters at the end of the day.. ok to the entire vac... you always have a clean well functioning vac to take into the home..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
FCC said:
What is the difference between the two David? (powerforce)

$20 bukz for the turbo tool and pUrple color.
It's called the Turboforce and is essentially the same vac

the Powerforce out sucks all the vacs .
It's Achilles heal are the filters and it's need to be emptied often or the area above the dust cup gets clogged up.
It's not uncommon to have to empty it several times on one room if there are dogs in the home.
(Or staple fibers in the carpet)

as far as longevity, I haven't found them to be any better or worse than any other cheap plastic vac*.
*"cheap plastic vacs" includes all the vacs under a couple hundred

We abused Powerforces for years (we abuse EVERY vac we use)
I'm the guy that started the Bissel cUlt klUb 6-7(?) years ago by spanking a Dyson's heiny in Knoxville Summerfest

In the last couple/three years, we've been abusing Bissel Momentums.
They're $50 bukz more, and don't last any longer, but there are no filter warts like the Powerforce .

..L.T.A.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
The powerforce does rock - buuuut, the dyson doesn't get stinky. I can't figure that out, but it just doesn't get that stinky vac smell.

And I'm not going to clean the bastard every day, so don't go there :D

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
The purple powerforce also has a hepa filter.

I've had mine about a year and I still embarrass kirby owners weekly with it but I'm an O/O and don't really abuse it. Like Sweendog I blow the filters and entire vac out with a compressor daily and I keep extra filters for changing out during the day. Larry's right the filters are a pain and the reason I probably won't buy this vac again when the time comes.

Jimbo

Bissel all the way..

your customers will still be shocked that you are pre-vaccing...they will call you back and ask what kind of vac you were using...and go out and buy a Bissel themselves.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
What's a vacuum? Is that a patented method I have been hearing about

The vac Mikey was testing is the Shark Navigator. I bought one per his posts and love it so far. Had a job yesterday and this is what came out of the carpet in the pre-vac.

IMG_1443.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
What happened with that vac Mike was testing?

it blew up after a few months ....just like his Bissels
Only it cost twice as much to learn it's no better than a Bissel Momentum

..L.T.A.

David is this the vacuum you are currently using? I saw this thing sitting on a job I just got back from. It looks like it has been to war and back.

IMAG00031.jpg

I want to post an update and say the vacuum I purchased is a total piece of junk. I have to empty it like 5 times on a job and each time the filters have to be shaken out. I am sure the same thing applies to all bagless vacuums. I am telling you guys that Kenmore was the best vacuum I have ever used. I am getting a new one asap. And those that say you can see the dirt flying in the dust cup are fos. How can you see anything with dog hair swirling around the cup.

The bagged upright would allow me to work non-stop without stopping, it didn't loose suction, and I could do several jobs before changing the bag. And best of all no filters to clean or air dusting etc. That makes it a better choice by far for a professional cleaner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom