The Pulse Generator

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Has anyone tryed this?

From Steam Actions Website: http://steamactionsupply.com/index.asp? ... &ProdID=79

The Pulse Generator is a unique device that will provide your cleaning tool with aggitation through the pulsation of water. The Pulse Generator in the picture has been installed on a wand. We are selling the Pulse Generator as a seperate unit which you can install on a wand, tile tool, rotory tool or put QDs on and attach it to all of them. If you currently use mechanical aggitation before using your wand to clean with, then you may not see a big difference in the results, but you are likely causing pile distortion or carpet fiber damage. If you don't aggitate before wanding then you will be able to see and feel the difference the Pulse Generator makes. The biggest difference will be on medium to heavily soiled carpet. Aggitation without pile distortion or carpet fiber damage. The Pulse Generator does reduce the psi at the wand by about 150 so if you normally clean at 400 psi then just turn up your pressure to 550 psi. Heat makes a BIG difference on the operation of the Pulse Generator, for instance, when you start a job and your machine hasn't warmed up yet, you will not feel much vibration but when the heat hits the wand you will definately feel, see and hear the Pulse Generator working FOR YOU!!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
don't know if it's the exact same one, but there were one or two dudes here that used them.

If I'm not mistaken, Olson sold (or still sells??) the wand

never seen one myself, let along played/demoed one

..L.T.A.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I would think any vibration in the water would disappear the moment it hits the jets and is turned into a fan. might feel good to the hand.

gene

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I had one. I couldn't say for sure if it helped to make more pressure. It may have made more back pressure. It may have been restricting since the water.

The water first goes through a 1/8" hole before it goes into the chamber with the 1/4 " BB.
You can hear and feel the vibrations. So it might impress the customers. After a while it quit vibrating so I took it off.

Name
Nate W.
sweendogg said:
Doesn't so sound so much different that the hydrosonic wand.. I'm sure someone was thinking of this earlier in the post.

My inside source told me that Hydrosonic wand copied The Pulse Generator design and marketed it first/faster.

Another person, not sure if it was Mikey or not, said all it did was vibrate his nipple rings.

I personally haven't tried one.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sweendogg said:
Doesn't so sound so much different that the hydrosonic wand.. I'm sure someone was thinking of this earlier in the post.

yes!
that's the one
I can't recall who the guys where that were using them.
I do recall at least one of them saying it cleaned better

and as Dave mentioned, I also recall hearing about the pulse valve not pulsing after awhile

..L.T.A.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok here is the history.

Kelly McCloy came up with the HydroSonic valve while working for Jeff Carter at JWC Inc./Steam Way of Utah. Jeff took the idea to Steve Tyler at West Pac. Steve worked with Jeff and Kelly and came up with the HydroSonic Wand. The wand did everything that was expected EXCEPT that it was made in China and the quality control SUCKED. Jeff being Jeff ordered way to many of the wands leaving no room or money to make upgrades to the issues that started to present themselves. Glides did help with the wands falling apart but the quality control on the valves was very costly. Jeff and Kelly brought in another person to help market and sell the valve. So now we have 5 people all invlovled in this wand/valve.

Fast forward to the end fo JWC Inc/Steam Way of Utah...When we purchased the inventory and assets of JWC Inc./Steam Way of Utah we did NOT buy the rights to the HydroSonic Wand. Not because I didn't want it but because the patents/rights to it had 5 peoples names on it and I wanted no part of that clusterfu*k. We did have a large inventory of the wands and valves and continued to sell and suport the wand. During this time Kelly McCloy was employee of Superior Cleaning Solutions. Knowing that there was a patent on the valve and wand he knew that at some point his invention would die off with only Jeff Carter being responsible for it he started looking for away around it.

Kelly choose to leave Superior Cleaning Solutions and not to long after leaving he ended up with the boys over at Steam Action and brought his Idea for the Pulse Generator. I have never sold the Pulse nor have I tried it so I can't speak to it but I can speak to the technology.

The HydroSonic wand WORKS. I have a lot of very un happpy customers right now because I can't get the rebuild kits for the Valve Side of the valve. Nearly every single person that has the wand LOVES it and they hate having to retro-fit a regular SS Vavle to it. It just doesn't clean the same. Hopefully Jeff Carter has Steve Tyler build more rebuild kits so people can keep their valves humming alone. Until then I just do by best for all the people that have the valves and if things start getting better maybe i'll put out the money have Steve build me up the min order of rebuilds.

If anyone would like to know more your welcome to call me or call Kelly over at Steam Action as he can tell you the story plus tell you about his Pulse Generator. I would have loved for the wand to do what it should have and that was take over the industry. I believe it would have if the Valve was machined here in the USA not cast in China and if PMF had built the wand instead of cheap chinese staineless steel, but I lost that arguement way back when I was just an employee so no reason to cry over spilt milk.

Oh last thing I think Jeff still has some wands but i'm not for certain as i'm tired of beating my head against the wall

steve g

Name
steve garrett

that right there speaks volumes about the guy john o is, the secret was in the valve, however now kelly has something that can be hooked up inline from the valve. its a modified quick connect with some nipples and other parts hooked to it. my suggestion is don't worry about getting more valves instead, get one of these quick connects. that way you can run your choice of valve and still see the benefits.

the original wands were at first ahead of their time, but with the advent of glides all that changed, they were the first wand I saw to allow airflow on the edges of the wand, which is one of the keys to glides decreased dry time.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It should ideally be at the wand manifold to conserve the pulse energy for the carpet instead of hammering the valve and being absorbed by the hoses.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
As I understand it, in order to effectively transfer the pulsatons, all solution line after the pulation device should be hard line, not soft. John can correct me if I'm wrong.

Take care,
Lisa

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Lee Stockwell said:
It should ideally be at the wand manifold to conserve the pulse energy for the carpet instead of hammering the valve and being absorbed by the hoses.

the devise I mentioned you just hook up to the end of your hose then to your wand. its not pulsing all the hoses.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
steve g said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":135n30eg]It should ideally be at the wand manifold to conserve the pulse energy for the carpet instead of hammering the valve and being absorbed by the hoses.

the devise I mentioned you just hook up to the end of your hose then to your wand. its not pulsing all the hoses.[/quote:135n30eg]

Which is fine, assuming your solution line on your wand and other tools is hard, not soft.

Take care,
Lisa

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I still say the second it is turned in to a spray any pulsing would vanish into the air. A stream of solid water would work but not a spray.

Gene

hogjowl

Idiot™
Far be it for me to poo poo an idea, but seems to me that high flow and heat is very effective. Vibrating would just be CC masturbation ... feels good, but does nothing productive.

C

cory kenyon

All I know is that I have 3 of them. They seem to work fine for me. It's definetely agitating the carpet.
Obviously not as good as a rotary, but I'm happy with mine.

Mikey P

Administrator
I had one sent to me before MF 1 or 2 to demo.

Didn't do a damn thing that any other low profile multi jetted glided wand does.

Just like the Greenhorn, any schlep stepping up form a PMF POS, Butler Wand or any other lame duck wand will jump for joy when getting a PCTI style wand with a glide for the first time.

Name
George Valliant
Mikey P said:
I had one sent to me before MF 1 or 2 to demo.

Didn't do a damn thing that any other low profile multi jetted glided wand does.

Just like the Greenhorn, any schlep stepping up form a PMF POS, Butler Wand or any other lame duck wand will jump for joy when getting a PCTI style wand with a glide for the first time.

So, Titanium is the cats meow?

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Hey John,
I have what I believe are good parts for the rebuild of the Hydro valve. If you have someone that can use them I would be more than happy to send them to ya. My valve itself cracked from freezing. I tried to JB weld it and it still leaked. I really loved this valve and hope to get a new one someday.

Heres a pic of the Hydrosonic Valve and it's components. The knob fell off but it worked great before freezing.
hy001.jpg

The valve cracked between the two orifices.
hy005.jpg

Here's a picture of the sloppy valve rig I had to use to replace the Hydro.
Greenie sent me a nice new valve, Free, and the power went out overnight two days later and that damn valve cracked too. So I bought this junk $19 valve and had to custom rig the set up with cheap parts from the local Plumbing shop.
In the second picture you'll see I had to cut my holding bracket to allow for the proper distance for the trigger to function.
hy007.jpg

hy008.jpg

Another unique characteristic of the wand are the removable plugs near the jets. Supposedly you can remove them, as many as needed, to help draw in the additional steam and dry the carpets faster. I tried a few times but really could not tell the difference so I just replaced them all.

hy009.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have several valve bodys you pay shipping and I'll send you one. I have the hydrosonic side re-builds just not the valve side.

Name
Nate W.
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
[quote="Nate The Great":ij1cdojj][quote="Mikey P":ij1cdojj]best ever.

I'm confused. Which TI? The PCTI or Stryker TI?

:lol:[/quote:ij1cdojj]

I just figured out what PCTI stands for. Prochem Titanium...[/quote:ij1cdojj]
:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom