The rug scammer called me today , scam alert

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I got a call from a correspondance service today. They claimed they had a deaf customer on the phone who had 25 oriental rugs to be done. This person claims the rugs were out of state and they had money order and credit card stuff goin on. oh ya and wanted me to assist in some weird detail about shipping . I caught on quik that it was a scam so watch out .

Name
Nate W.
We had a call like that afew weeks ago also. We took the CC#'s and reported it to the CC companies and the # they called from. Local police said nothing they can do about it.

It is a shame like Shawn F. said.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've done jobs from those systems before...too bad they are using it to scam.

I've been receiving the scam emails like crazy lately.

Al

just came in

Hello good day this Deb Adams and i would like to know if you do rug cleaning at the office and accept credit cards and can i speak with the owner .ok fine actually am relocating from my old house from LA LOUISIANA down to your city and i would like to know how much will 10 x 14 rug cost for cleaning and actually i have 15 rugs of that, can you do the total calculation for the cleaning for the 15 rugs sized 2500 square feet
Deb

So this might not be real? :shock: lol My gut says SCAM

Al

Thanks for your email , I am sure you understand that the rugs are still in LA LOUISIANA with the private shipping guy that moved them from my old house and i have already made all arrangements with them to help me ship the rugs here and they are wanting an advance payment of the shipping fee but as i told you earlier i have been sick ,so so i cannot go out to send the payment to the shipper because private shipping guy doesn't facility to process credit cards , i would want you to do me a favor and charge my credit card for the deposit fee of $1200 of the cleaning of the rugs and help charge the extra shipping fee of the rugs from LA LOUISIANA down here, that cost $1800 and have the $1800 wire(via money gram money transfer) to the private shipping guy to get the rugs to your shop for the clean
Deb

How do they sleep at night? Who is stupid enough to fall for this stuff? Why don't they change the wording to the scam? Everyone gets the 15 10 x 14 area rugs order, :lol: I could write a better scam

I had that exact call yesterday. 15 rugs, 10x14, already arranged shipping, etc. I told them I did not do that and they hung up.

Chris

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Al said:
Thanks for your email , I am sure you understand that the rugs are still in LA LOUISIANA with the private shipping guy that moved them from my old house and i have already made all arrangements with them to help me ship the rugs here and they are wanting an advance payment of the shipping fee but as i told you earlier i have been sick ,so so i cannot go out to send the payment to the shipper because private shipping guy doesn't facility to process credit cards , i would want you to do me a favor and charge my credit card for the deposit fee of $1200 of the cleaning of the rugs and help charge the extra shipping fee of the rugs from LA LOUISIANA down here, that cost $1800 and have the $1800 wire(via money gram money transfer) to the private shipping guy to get the rugs to your shop for the clean
Deb

How do they sleep at night? Who is stupid enough to fall for this stuff? Why don't they change the wording to the scam? Everyone gets the 15 10 x 14 area rugs order, :lol: I could write a better scam

John Watson

I just recieved a RELAY Call from an operator and was asked: Do I clean rugs at my shop?? Do I accept credit cards??? I answered yes we do rugs and No we do not accept credit cards. After a few moments of silence , the operator came back and said sorry the caller has disconected...

My question is???? Where is he getting our numbers and is he targeting MB users???

Is there some sort of trap we can implement for the athorities to nail this basterd before one of us gets scamed??? (Sorry, but we do have a few real gullables on this board.)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Lady just called me right saying the exact same thing, deaf lady has 15 rugs 20x10, wants to know if we take credit cards, how much will it be, and she's from out of state. I told her we don't take credit cards for people out of state, she gets back on and says "ok they say they'll be in touch w/ us soon, god bless".

Name
Eric Valentine
They tried through my website contact form. Maybe I should reply and try and scam them instead.
Subject: Valentines Carpet Care Inquiry

Message Body:
am in the hospital

hearing impired

Service area: Las Vegas

Building Type: [Building]

Requested Services:
Carpet Cleaning

Contact me by Email
in the Morning

Details:
Hello Good day,this is perry cole i would like to know if you do rug cleaning at the office and accept credit cards,fine actually am relocating from my old house from California down to your city and i would like to know how much will 10 x 14 rug cost for cleaning and actually i have 15 rugs of that, can you do the total calculation for the cleaning for the 15 rugs sized 2500 square feet,Okay basically am just moving in to NV and i am at the hospital right now because i was down with a diagnosis of cancer of the lungs as such i had to spend some time in the intensive care,so i want to do the cleaning arrangement for the rugs and after completing the payment with my credit card,the private delivery guy can have the rugs move down to your shop for the cleaning,Actually i wouldn't be able to do the delivery and pick up due to the nature of my illness but have made a booking with a private shipping guy that will be delivery the rugs to your end and pick its up after you have the cleaning done is that understood.waiting for your urgent response

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom