the ss370 makes the chimp

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
for a few weeks now the kid has been on the ss on his own . and loves the machine . i offerd him the judson today to go do his work with but he stuck with his ss
so i ask him what he likes about it
so the short story is it looks great, has good heat easy to use compact(hose beside the unit at the side door ) quite and he loves the "feel " of the unit
i guess like most of us who have there favorite auto now there favorite tm,s as well and the 370 is his

sorry les

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
cu said:
for a few weeks now the kid has been on the ss on his own . and loves the machine . i offerd him the judson today to go do his work with but he stuck with his ss
so i ask him what he likes about it
so the short story is it looks great, has good heat easy to use compact(hose beside the unit at the side door ) quite and he loves the "feel " of the unit
i guess like most of us who have there favorite auto now there favorite tm,s as well and the 370 is his

I REALLY like the idea of being compact.
space in a van is a premium .

I'm looking forward to seeing one up close and personal in Nashville

..L.T.A.

-JB-

Name
JB
g1horseheadud4.gif

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rctpks said:
Small size is great, as long as it still has enough power to do the job.

AND not have excessive heat related issues under the shrouds
AND not be a "complete" nightmare to service

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Clue: put a cotter pin in the threaded bolt over the top of the blower intake.

Good place to insert the TWI blower pic from a few days ago.

Heat is "good"...what would that heat be with say a 4 jet 08 flow 12" wand ?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
why does anyone mount a machine out the back door, its the biggest waste of space, with that machine, look at all the wasted space directly behind the main unit in the pic, mount the machine all the way forward out the side door, wast tank behind it, next mount reel right next to main unit out side door, now you have the entire back end of the truck to use to put stuff with that machine you should only need about the first 4.5' of the inside of the van, the rest would be wide open.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
rctpks said:
Jim you guys do great work.

Nice stack hose reel, is that a custom job?

Thanks Richard. Custom job? Sort of…..they are standard reels, we just made the bracing to stack two of them on top of each other to utilize the wasted room that was previously there if we bolted just 1 reel to the floor.

steve g said:
why does anyone mount a machine out the back door, its the biggest waste of space
Points taken on board Steve, and I agree with them, except for one problem - what you describe physically CANNOT be done in a van of this size (this is the standard size van in Australia). Waste tank cannot fit behind the machine in a vehicle of this width. You could easily do that in your vans, but this van is about the size of most of your mini vans over there. So this install gives the clients the maximum available room with the size constraints that we have to work with.

There is a method to our madness :p

The other reason the machine is rear mounted in the earlier posts/photos, is due to the demographic location of our client, who are located right at the top of end of Australia, which is a desert for three quarts of the year with VERY limited rainfall, then the monsoon season hits, and they get around 60 inches of rain across 3-4 months. So by mounting out the rear door which is a lift up door, the machine and the client both get some shelter from the weather conditions. If we mount it out the side door, which has a sliding door, the entire unit would get flooded and offer no protection from the elements.

Here is the same machine in the same model van - you tell me which one gives the most left over room.... (I think the rear mount as I showed originally gives the most useable space)
DSC04179.jpg

DSC04191.jpg

This van is about the size of one of your mini vans over there. I would love to pimp out some of your real sized vehicles though…..one day

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve g said:
why does anyone mount a machine out the back door,

easier to direct noise and exhaust away from entrances
Better airflow...ie cooling, around the TM
No HOT smelly machine 10" behind your head in summer
getting gear in and out of cargo van is easier from the side doors
easier to access/service to both sides of the TM

that thin design would be idea, cause you could have the TM AND thin profile hose reel mounted in the rear and open up ALL the "easy to get in and out of" side door cargo area

..L.T.A.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
ok I see, I guess the key is the tank behind the main unit, is there no plain ole ford econoline vans available over there for this sort of thing?? I guess a water tank is likely automatically out of the question as those vans don't look like they can carry very much weight.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I mounted my 405 out the back door. Vac hose reel to its left, driver side, and a 17" slide out floor shelf to its right, passenger side, for fans, OP, etc. Had to jigger for every inch, but easy to work on the machine and allowed me a bigger sealed "cab area" with extra seat and storage.

Biggest reason was to work in two child seat connectors for grandkids.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Jim Bethel said:
rctpks said:
Jim you guys do great work.

Nice stack hose reel, is that a custom job?

Thanks Richard. Custom job? Sort of…..they are standard reels, we just made the bracing to stack two of them on top of each other to utilize the wasted room that was previously there if we bolted just 1 reel to the floor.

[quote="steve g":1f0x22i9]why does anyone mount a machine out the back door, its the biggest waste of space
Points taken on board Steve, and I agree with them, except for one problem - what you describe physically CANNOT be done in a van of this size (this is the standard size van in Australia). Waste tank cannot fit behind the machine in a vehicle of this width. You could easily do that in your vans, but this van is about the size of most of your mini vans over there. So this install gives the clients the maximum available room with the size constraints that we have to work with.

There is a method to our madness :p

The other reason the machine is rear mounted in the earlier posts/photos, is due to the demographic location of our client, who are located right at the top of end of Australia, which is a desert for three quarts of the year with VERY limited rainfall, then the monsoon season hits, and they get around 60 inches of rain across 3-4 months. So by mounting out the rear door which is a lift up door, the machine and the client both get some shelter from the weather conditions. If we mount it out the side door, which has a sliding door, the entire unit would get flooded and offer no protection from the elements.

Here is the same machine in the same model van - you tell me which one gives the most left over room.... (I think the rear mount as I showed originally gives the most useable space)
DSC04179.jpg

DSC04191.jpg

This van is about the size of one of your mini vans over there. I would love to pimp out some of your real sized vehicles though…..one day[/quote:1f0x22i9]

In the last picture, how is the greenhorn wand held like that. I need that.

Thanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bill Soukoreff said:

Thanks

Jim can clarify for certain, but unless that glide is has three rivets in it, it looks like there's some kind of shoe/wand holder on the floor

and as always, Jim, your installs are truly top-o-da-line

..L.T.A

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Bill Soukoreff said:

Thanks

Thanks Larry, and you are right.

Bill, if you have a close look in the first post I made in this thread you will see the second install photo down is looking in the side door showing a stainless chem self and a small blower rack coming off it. If you look closely at the highest shelf, about half way along, you will see a bracket poking out the side of the top shelf. We get stainless, and bend it to fit a 2.5" sizing, then we put a single sided sticky foam in there, that snuggly holds a 2" wand. We sometimes affix them to the chem shelves, or in the later photo, bolt that same 'C' section holder to the side of the stainless vacuum hose reel. Then on the floor, as Larry has noted, we simply get a section of aluminium angle and affix that to the floor. This keeps the wand in a easy to access, yet snug position where it cannot move or bounce out, while your driving along.

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom