The "Top" Companies in my area...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well, the top on Google anyway.

And it's not really the area I have pushed for in the past...but that will change now.
I've dominated my main area so now I'm going to hit the bigger city.

Google had a change of command and it's "funny" to see who made the list.
Some of these, the websites are so bad it's not "funny". Say's a lot about what it takes to get there and not much else.

Here are the companies on the organics page

In order

Superpages

Sacrmaento top 10

Coit

Yellowpages.com

Stain masters...check out this crappy site http://www.stainmasters.com/

Sears Clean

Sacramento Carpet Cleaning....a rental site http://www.sacramento-carpetcleaning.com/

Service Magic

Hi-Tech Cleaning....a major volume cleaner...with not such a great reputation.

Millers

As you can see, the big boys are having a go at it for the top spots...wasn't that way before. It was mainly the local carpet cleaners in those spots...changed in a day and one guy I know fell back to the bottom of page 2....that's where I am right now as well...without trying much.

I'll keep you updated.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
since i think i'm the only one here that can judge the companies yer talking about...they're all hacks...getting ready to go fix one of those companies blunders today....i have to clean and buff off impreganting sealer some joker sprayed all over an entire porcelain tile shiteatinggrin sticky footprints everywhere :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, I didn't want to come off like I was pissed about them being first but I am pretty sure there isn't a good company in the mix....online directories aside.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Brian R said:
I missed this one....I don't know how...I can't see how it would just pop up in there.
Who knows.

Ugly website and yet #3 on the organics. :shock:

I believe it's a franchise as well. lol

http://www.1-877-quikdry.com/
he's ...er...they...been around for several years..lol....same website from years ago...used to be sacto..then sacto/bay...now so call as well..interesting

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It doesn't cost him anything to click on the organic or maps listing.

Only the sponsored listing.

So you only owe him and thank you for seeing what great marketing can do. shiteatinggrin

topnotchman

Whats the feedback on Millers? my sister in-law uses them

Brian R said:
Well, the top on Google anyway.

And it's not really the area I have pushed for in the past...but that will change now.
I've dominated my main area so now I'm going to hit the bigger city.

Google had a change of command and it's "funny" to see who made the list.
Some of these, the websites are so bad it's not "funny". Say's a lot about what it takes to get there and not much else.

Here are the companies on the organics page

In order

Superpages

Sacrmaento top 10

Coit

Yellowpages.com

Stain masters...check out this crappy site http://www.stainmasters.com/

Sears Clean

Sacramento Carpet Cleaning....a rental site http://www.sacramento-carpetcleaning.com/

Service Magic

Hi-Tech Cleaning....a major volume cleaner...with not such a great reputation.

Millers

As you can see, the big boys are having a go at it for the top spots...wasn't that way before. It was mainly the local carpet cleaners in those spots...changed in a day and one guy I know fell back to the bottom of page 2....that's where I am right now as well...without trying much.

I'll keep you updated.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've heard that they are the low price leaders and don't do great work.
But I have spoken with them and they seem to know what they are doing.

I guess what I am trying to say is I don't know. lol

sarrik

Doesn't placement on google depend on traffic, links to and from your site in addition to keywords and such? Perhaps whatever changed recently has impacted my sudden slide from 3 or 4 to page 2...

Name
Lee Stockwell
Google's a multi-billion dollar company in business to make money, and they are experts at doing so. All over the web there are people trying to manipulate it for an advantage to their sites' ranking. Google is smart enough to turn their attempts into more opportunities for corporate profits.

Have fun, either way, Google wins.

B

Bill G. Martin

What is amazing is....

1) the custy searches for say, carpet cleaner & zip

or

2) custy searches for say, carpet cleaner & town

The results will be totally different....or even if the they flip it around, and type it in reverse, the results are not always the same. Your company may list well one way and not the other way.

And what about Yahoo and Bing? We all get hung up because Google is number one, but a lot of people use Yahoo.

I have a friend in the Biz up north....small local area and he does not have to worry about a lot of surrounding towns. He always does well in Google because of his Google map listing. He does absolutely no SEO. Here in central Florida, we have to service more population in a lot of different towns.

In the end, the results can cause you to get your panties in a wad. There is one company in our area that does not even have a web site, but he always does well on Google because he has a small ad in the phone book. So they get him listed on Google.

In the end, things change so rapidly with Google, a lot of it comes down to some SEO and some depends on the roll of the dice.

Bill in central Florida

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom