The trailer "must have" dilema

Credits
Name
Ofer Kolton
Those of you, who've been here for a while know that there's an ever evolving list of "must have" tools and PDJ (Phenomena de jour) products you gotta have to stay cool here. We're talking "once removed guru level".

The question is: In addition to your TM (which, lets face it, space wise, is far from enough for all must haves). What size trailer you'd have to drag behind to maintain your elevated status?

Me thinks-

Last edited:
Credits
Name
Ron Marriott
Those of you, who've been here for a while know that there's an ever evolving list of "must have" tools and PDJ (Phenomena de jour) products you gotta have to stay cool here. We're talking "once removed guru level".

The question is: What size trailer you need to drag behind to maintain your status?

Me thinks-

Matt knows.

Credits
Name
Mark Saiger
We have used 8 x 12 single axle trailers.

I have one yet and V front is nice....

But not doing restoration anymore....I am one happy camper....with a real Camper!

Some pics from old days...and current don't have pics of trailer I bought couple years ago after selling off this custom all aluminum trailer we made

New Trailer pics with van 001.jpg
New trailer with blowers 001.jpg
New trailer with blowers 002.jpg
New trailer with blowers 003.jpg
New trailer with blowers 004.jpg
New trailer with blowers 005.jpg
New trailer with blowers 006.jpg
Parade by trailer.jpg
New Trailer pics with van 005.jpg
New Trailer pics with van 004.jpg
DSC00472.JPG
DSC00480.JPG
DSC00489.JPG
DSC00490.JPG
DSC00456.JPG
DSC00447.JPG
DSC00438.JPG

Credits
Name
Mark Saiger
How much has your income dcreased and sanity risen since getting out of restoration?
Sanity... Immense relief!

Income took a hit and there was some good money... Until collapse of economy in around 2008 and 2009 then insurance companies and local adjusters really got tight.

Also with one of the local companies committing insurance fraud didn't help.

It took about 3 years to get back to where we were but now way easier and about same amount of income coming in due to us focusing on carpet, upholstery, tile and grout cleaning.

All the others now fight for the restoration and get out of our way. They say they can't compete :)

Even us turning down restoration work we have way more repeat clients with carpet cleaning services.

Both my brothers decided on the simpler life too.

I watch all the water damage videos right now and pics from the current cold and do not miss it!

Don't miss the insurance company fights, homeowners thinking you are pure evil charging the rates... And less money out of my pocket on projects!

Damn... Life is great!

Still Mighty
Credits
Name
Reeko
How ironic. We have them begging for us to come out and thanking us for caring for them. We do give ballparks so if we are there, they have an idea of what it could be before we even arrive. I was on a big commercial job and 4 people thanked me or our response.

Insurance companies, they haven't changed. They are still hard to deal with but that is the nature of the beast. I think we roughly did around 60k this week in WDR (18 jobs still in some progress). We could never do as Mark, there just isn't enough carpet cleaning in our small market.

Maybe if were in KC but not here.

That trailer is sweet! :cool:
Should have kept it and just rented the trailer and equipment. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Credits
Name
Matt Ross
I have a 6*10. Ramp door and side door. Single axle. Plus a camp trailer. The janitorial trailer has been priceless. When I use it it saves my back and hauls a ton of stuff. When I'm not using it it's still usefull, because it stores a bunch of equipment I don't want in my shop. Plus it was a good tax write off. Win win win.

Credits
Name
matt wood
My electrician, that just hard wired my heater in my truck, just made me an offer on my beat up trailer. I called him yesterday and told him that I'd take his offer. I know everyone needs a trailer, but...

I reasoned with myself on the fact that I'll use the money before I'll use the trailer again. If my truck is too small to carry something in the future, I'll just go rent a trailer

Latest posts