the truth about glides

snrossi

hi all
i am looking to purchase a teflon glide for my wand but was wondering do they make a difference on portable machines??
we currently run a steamvac RD5 (which has two 2 stage vacs ) and a booster box which also have two 2 stge vacs . we run two inch hose to the house then 1.5 .

Brett

My first porty with two 2 stage vacs and 100 psi came with 15 ft of 1.5. I picked up a holed green glide when they first came out and used a 25ft 1.5 and still got better dry times with hardly any effort. Very few guys that have been on these boards for any length of time are still using unglided wands. You can increase your volume and psi and still recover more water, flushing the carpet better. You can also increase your hose runs within reasonable distance. Go with Greenglides, you'll never regret it.

snrossi

thanks for the quick answer is there a specific style ie slotted holed or hybrid which works better for general use on portables.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
ditch that 1.5, run 2" all the way to the wand, you will crap your pants.
Then order a glide...

If you pre-vac order a holed glide... if you do not, get a slotted or maybe a hybrid so you can still pick up debris.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hi Gianni,

Good to see you over here. When you get time, feel free to give us a call. We have already taken two of the most popular Australian wands over to GreenGlides in the USA and had them manufacturer specific glides for both Damweld and SteamVac wands. I can be reached at 1300-276-937 when you are available.

Jim

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Gary and Jim will take good care of you. For a portable get a holed if you p0re-vac, a hybrid if you don't. I don't like to see guys who run porty's get slots.

Take care,
Lisa

A

Axeman

Yeah get a holed/hybrid for a porty as you are prevaccing. The extra suck and lazy no prevac TMers mean a slotted glide is order of the day.

I prevac and run truck mount. I found the glides with the holes do not pick up hair or boulders.
Yeah, I know there shouldn't be any of these if i prevac but the truth is there still is.

I returned my glides, they were for an rx20.

the rx doesn't care if you use glides or anything. it's strong enough to muscle through all but the thickest plushest carpets.

I did get a fantastic deal on a prochem titanium 6 slot wand.

moving it across an ole was still a drag, even with it's light weight. If I keep it I'll prob put some glides on it.

visit my blog, "the carpet cleaner's crocodile"

Greenie

RX glides were some of the best sellers.

They were designed to be easily removed for residential work. Where they really shine is commercial.

The Ti wand is an entirely different animal, don't think twice,get a glide for it.

Notice there was no "issue" with returning your glides after use, 100% no questions asked is a good guarantee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom