The velvet weave .

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
This is one of many patterns of a velvet weave . I will also show more on the pattern and construction.
P1020122.jpg

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
This weave will consist of linear or rectalinear patters as well as tweeds and also a herringbone pattern . Unlike the Wilton the patterns are limited to style. This is the simplest of weave . I will show more pictures .

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Here is a back view. How this weave is created it skips over weft wire to produce the weave.This is howit produces angles. Notice the adhesive onthe backing . This is more suitable in a house that has a dog or even a cat. This makes for a strong bundle wrap, unlike the Wilton . not as fancy and luxeriousthough but it fits its need.
P1020167.jpg

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Alot of time these velvets are made of Nylon. As this depicts in the first picture. The 2nd picture is a wool Velvet construction . Can any one describe the difference . By the Appearance. :)

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
John the nylon is only a picture of the face. The wool is the one i am showing completely. However there seems to be more nylon velvets than wool. Look at the appearance of the two and explain the look, texture . This is what easily makes us determine by glance of what it is made of.v Anyone welcome.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Also the yarn bundles are through the back this makes this construction phenominal . We will take this 1 step at a time lets not rush lets learn, :mrgreen:

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
They are straight . They skip weft wires . In the same row. This means Instead of wrapping around one weft forming a loop , it jumps over 2 weft . Makes the loop bigger and it also gives the diagonal appearance. I'll take a picture of this to clarify. This is done by a Wires and /or a Dobby .

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Ok Heathrow look at the back of the velvet . What it is doing is jumping over weft wires. This is what is giving that diagonal look. This pattern would be considered a herringbone. In al actuality the rows are straight they are always 1 ahead of each other . look carefully. Also this is a reason why you can use tape on this and not sew. It is porous and the glue can encapsulate and grip well. Unlike alot of the wiltons. Also the velvet that is shiny is obviously synthetic. Alot of times they can be made with synthetic fibers, unlike your jute can be craftcord a poly. The wool has a hairy texture to it .

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Just in case I missed it the picture disected material . We see no fillers or stuffer yarns like the wilton. I only see a chain that holds the material tpgether. This is what is called the chain . Often cotton material running in the length.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom