The Worst POS porty?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I hereby nominate the Ninja Warrior as the worst piece of garbage on the planet.
In less than one year:
Both vacs gone- replaced at my expense.
Pump motor gone- I paid for install.
Shitty cheap ass electrical cords.
Can't put a down spout on drain valve.
Wouldn't suck a sick cat off a pisspot
Pump drops 200 - 250 PSI at 6 flow I was tolld not to run the 500 PSI model over 350. Why the phuck call it a 500 instead of a 350?
And a whole bunch of other shit that I'll post later. Thinking of buying one? Don't. If you have a warranty issue, they can take up to a month to decide.

WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Man that sucks Willy. I have 20 or more running around here and not a single problem. Either you got a bad one and your supplier has dropped the ball or......either way I have sent this post to the appropriate folks and you should be hearing from someone soon.

dgargan

Wow! I had 3 I bought in the early 90's and ran 2 full time for almost 3 years. I have one still today we use when we can't use a Tm. I sold one 7 years ago,The other I sold to cu about 5 years ago. All had original vacs and pumps. I thought they were great for the price

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
We own 3 of them...... Thankfully Jon Don honered the warranty when the vacs and pumps went out on all 3. No problems since the rebuild

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
dgargan said:
Wow! I had 3 I bought in the early 90's and ran 2 full time for almost 3 years. I have one still today we use when we can't use a Tm. I sold one 7 years ago,The other I sold to cu about 5 years ago. All had original vacs and pumps. I thought they were great for the price

The new warriors are a different animal than the old ninjas.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Right from the first set up when I noticed a pool of water under it.....
I'm growing a little fast, but over a week ago, the pump motor puked. Now they did honour the warranty, but shipped the part Turtle Express. No part last Friday and I had an 18000 sf office to clean. I worked my ass off and still fell short, although I got a pass from the gate keeper. I'm also a little pissed that my supplier doesn't stock ANYparts. I won't buy there again - his excuse? "They always change the parts" !gotcha! Bullshit. If I'd known, I would have paid for overnight and the part instead of having one machine and one worker idle. The losses would have more than covered the costs." If the wand isn't moving, you ain't making money". I need to buy another machine soon, but I was trying to wait for spring and put another van on the road again.
I don't expect any better service than I give, but I have pretty high standards.

RickL

Wow I also thought you ran a Recoil when did you go with the Ninja.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Lee Stockwell said:
I thought you ran Cross-American?

That too- I'm a 2 man show now.(there's a story behind the Worrier) The Recoil is a tank. In the 6 or 7 years I've owned it, one pump, two sets of vacs. It's not pretty, but that doesn't matter. Ed's customer service is freaking amazing. I've had parts ordered at 11 AM from Michigan, delivered by 3 the next day. What bothers me the most is the horse$hit about "research" and "testing" and "consultation with cleaners" that gets pimped on the website.From the website:
"Ninja Warrior
Reimagined. Redesigned. Reintroduced

Features:

After a long and thorough process of research and development that entailed trips across the United States, focus groups and rigorous in-eld testing;"

I saw the glaring deficiencies the first day. The 2 typos should have tipped me off.

C

cucu

The other I sold to cu about 5 years ago

and i still have it ,works fine, but it does still have a smell of Gargan l , and the one i bought before Dave,s is still working fine too

and i treat them like shit

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Again Im sorry to hear this willy and the main folks are now aware of your issues and will be contacting you asap. I have sold quite a few of the new Ninja's and I have a porty company that is a century 400 disty (long story) that has a dozen or more that get packed in the back of cars and trucks and ran by guys that have no clue how to clean carpets and none of them have had the issues you have had. I'm not trying to minimize your issues as you have lost a considerable amount of money in down time. I do not know your distributor nor who his rep is but I know who I have contacted and something will be done soon.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Thanks John, you're one of the good guys - I think part of the problem is that Esteam has the manufacturing rights in Canada and the Prochem dealer up here was importing them before they went into production so the "Canadian black and blue" might have some variation. I'm not sure why parts aren't stocked. I'll need to add another porty just for back up. :roll:

Bjorn

you know guys Cross American and the rest don't make the vac motors

I bench test every motor I use starting out with amp draw start up and run then the temp

I have had new motors not clear the test and they don't make it to a machine

problem is carpet cleaners are notorious for any lack of maintenance what so ever

lets see how much crap have you run through the blowers did you over fill the waste tanks auto shut offs not working foam problems not using any defoamer

did you ride it hard and put it away wet ( how many times )

do you even change out the brushes in a motor after 200 hours you know before they take a total shit

did you notice after awhile the machine was starting to blow a fuse now and then but paid no attention to it.

these are signs the brushes in the motors need to be checked

that DC motor also has brushes that need to be checked

those pump tec pumps need to have that Bering greased every so often ( have you ever done )

PUUUMP003.jpg

your machine is leaking a little water from inside the case did you check it out or just run to death.

last but not least what modifications have you made to the machine??????

running 14 gauge extension cords? when was the last time you checked all your plugs and cords to make sure every thing is in order are they getting hot????

do you even carry an extra vac motor you know a spare pump rebuild kit

or how about a pump in a box just in case so you can finish your day

squirtbox001.jpg

squirtbox002.jpg

I can sell you one for 300 bucks or make your own

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Odin said:
you know guys Cross American and the rest don't make the vac motors

I bench test every motor I use starting out with amp draw start up and run then the temp

I have had new motors not clear the test and they don't make it to a machine

problem is carpet cleaners are notorious for any lack of maintenance what so ever

lets see how much crap have you run through the blowers did you over fill the waste tanks auto shut offs not working foam problems not using any defoamer

ALWAYS use defoamer

did you ride it hard and put it away wet ( how many times )

Nope

do you even change out the brushes in a motor after 200 hours you know before they take a total shit

Guilty as charged You Honour - but the vacs were 6 months old

did you notice after awhile the machine was starting to blow a fuse now and then but paid no attention to it.

Nope

these are signs the brushes in the motors need to be checked

that DC motor also has brushes that need to be checked

Sealed

those pump tec pumps need to have that Bering greased every so often ( have you ever done )

PUUUMP003.jpg

Yes

your machine is leaking a little water from inside the case did you check it out or just run to death.

Never had that problem

last but not least what modifications have you made to the machine??????
None

running 14 gauge extension cords? when was the last time you checked all your plugs and cords to make sure every thing is in order are they getting hot????

Only run 12/3 - I've got 250 feet

do you even carry an extra vac motor you know a spare pump rebuild kit

or how about a pump in a box just in case so you can finish your day

I have a rebuild kit in the truck - I've got a nice new General looking for work

squirtbox001.jpg

squirtbox002.jpg

I can sell you one for 300 bucks or make your own

John Watson

It's the flippen Canadian water, Why do you think so many up there drink beer.. They can't stand the flippen water

Bjorn

try 10 gauge cords

three months could be time to change brushes it's not hold old but how many hours

and I'm sure your the exception to everything

you can only accept so much out of a cheap portable

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Johnny Ringo said:
Willy..Willy....Willy, if it's a porty....any porty it's a POS! :p

Sorry, had to! :mrgreen:

homer_kiss_my_ass-t.jpg

:shock: :mrgreen: :p

T- non tangential motors covered in plastic- I'm swapping them out next time for real vac motors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom