There's been a lot of debate but....

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I need a new vacuum cleaner I use a oreck ( I know everyone hates them( so what's the best?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have a big metal royal vacuum I bought new on ebay! it sucks! if you let go of the handle that thing takes off on its own across the room.. But I still have 5 orecks in use that work very well, no problems. ones 5 years old and gets used everyday all day long!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
i would buy another Oreck. Mine has been a constant in the van for over ten years replacing another ten year old Oreck that replaced another one twenty years ago. In the last few years I bought and used two Sanitaire 886s which now sit broken and wounded in my garage. The Orecks lightness and durability just outshine other vacuums over time. JonDon sells them for less than $200.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Oreck's are "Hotel" vacuums for a reason. Soft brushrolls pick up well on commercial style carpet.

Sprinkle some cereal or dirt on commercial carpet vs thicker pile and watch the difference.

We have so many come in our store and say "my oreck does not pick up pet hair on my carpet worth a crap"

Riccar lightweight and/or Royal lightweight will outsuck and outlast and is of higher quality and durability.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
jstucky said:
Oreck's are "Hotel" vacuums for a reason. Soft brushrolls pick up well on commercial style carpet.

Sprinkle some cereal or dirt on commercial carpet vs thicker pile and watch the difference.

We have so many come in our store and say "my oreck does not pick up pet hair on my carpet worth a crap"

Riccar lightweight and/or Royal lightweight will outsuck and outlast and is of higher quality and durability.

I doubt they will outlast an Oreck. They pick up pet hair just fine.

P

pitmaster

Sanitaire Upright Vacuum 5845B
Amps: 10
• CFM: 135
• Noise level: 69 dB
• CRI approved/LEED rated
• Filtration: Sealed HEPA; 99.97% at 0.3 microns
• Containment: Easy empty, large dust cup
• Capacity: 3.5 quarts – dry
• Cleaning path: 15 inches
• Cord length: 40 feet
• Tools: 9-foot stretch hose, wand, crevice tool, and dusting brush
• Brush roll: TrueBalance, double ball bearing
• Weight: 18 lbs

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have been using a $50 Bissell for the past few years. If you keep the filters clean, it works really well. This is my 2nd one, the first one burned in a van fire. I think it's a Clearview.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom