THERES MUSTARD EVERWHERE!!!!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Jus the words i wanna hear from one of my upper end homes! Seems the five year old was having a mustard WAR wit his brother!
Whats the best oxidizer out here that i can get by tomorrow AM????
i have some urine oxidizer and some H2O2 and some traffic lane....

but it ain't gonna work!

cripes...my very BEST customer...a once a month gal!

any hep...i need a magic potion!

OH YA...white nylon....

what else!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Bob, for starters you will need a vacuum with a crevice tool - you do know what that is don't you?
Then assuming that the mustard is absolutely dry, you should vacuum up as much as possible without actually touching it ( as this would help to bond it to the fibers, which is how disperse dyes work and then you'd be dead ! ).
Once you have done this, which you can do while lying down on the carpet - so put out some clean clothes to wear for tomorrow then you can put down some Stain magic and cover it with a DCI light.
If it is a large area you can still apply the SM but it will not work as well as it does with the light. A 4 ft Grow Lux bulb or two ( you probably have a few of those in your greenhouse or apothicary ) might work just as well.

Good luck and take a digi camera - you just might get some great shots and sell them for big bucks.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
a grow lit...
who'd a thunk!
Thanks Harry

i take back all the mean things i sED about ya!

Name
George Valliant
also, u might want to give Crazy George Gerjalva a call at Checkmate carpet cleaning. It's my understanding he is the worlds utmost authority on mustard stain removal. Heck, think he even offers a week long training on the subject.

If you enroll in his Space Cadet program you get 10% off supplies. He's retails a nifty little tool belt I had my eye on for a while.

Good luck! Let us know how it works out.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dear bAwB....

If you want to get "OLD SCHOOL" and be her HeRo.....here is the procedure....

SUPPLIES: 2 empty plastic bottles...with open flow spouts."like a restaurent ketchup bottle"
Clorox bleach,white vinegar,Ivory dish soap
Mix 1oz. of bleach to 8oz. of water....then add 1 teaspoon of dish detergent.."Solution A"
Fill the other bottle with "un-diluted" white vinegar...."Solution B"

1. vac as much dried material as possible.
2. (flood) affected area..then extract with upholstery tool..(cold water only)
3. re-flood..then apply solution A ..to the center of the stain..watch the yellow dissapear!!
4. (immediatly) apply solution B..this will neutralize solution A..inhibits dye loss from nylon.
5. then apply your favorite rinse....to leave fiber in at neutral PH....

REPEAT..#3 & #4 until stain is removed...

Bob,you need her to sign-off on procedure..But I've had excellant sucess with this procedure.
The secret is to keep the stain FLOODED...this gives you control of the BLEACH in a suspended enviorament...The Vinegar Kills the bleach..to stop its ability to strip the dyes...
The Dish Soap is only used as a wetting agent....to distrube the bleach evenly..

Call me if you have any questions...352-279-8819...

Remember...these guys don't think you can flush-out a BLOWER :wink: :wink:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Thanks Joe Harper......i tried the H2O2 today and all i got was MJ hands...

they're WHITE!!!!!

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I was told by Interlink Supply that Stain Zone will remove mustard; anyone had any succsess with it?

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
tman7 said:
I was told by Interlink Supply that Stain Zone will remove mustard; anyone had any succsess with it?

I didn't have any success with Stain Zone on mustard. Must not have used it right.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
WAY TO GO bAWb...."Your now her HeRo"

A WORD OF CAUTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any of you guys that are thinking of trying my procedure....This procedure should
NEVER be tried on a wool fiber....This is a LAST RESORT procedure....."Custy must sign off"

Remember this was a WHITE NYLON fiber......DO NOT try this on a COLORED FIBER !!!!!

Go ahead and ...wear yourself out on a OLEPHIN fiber....You can't hurt it.....
"great on stubborn URINE STAINS". also if your custy wants SNOW WHITE fringes on their
AREA RUGS....Use the same chemicals....BUT a little differant procedure...."NO WOOL!!"

PS Get some carpet samples and stain,with every type of dye related product you can find !
PRACTICE>>>>>PRACTICE>>>>PRACTICE>>>>...until you perfect the procudure!!!

PSS. A "WISE OLD" drycleaner taught me this PROCEDURE.."He was a black man that took
so many SECRETS to his grave...I miss him!!!! I truely believe that there was not a
stain he could not remove!!!!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Oooooops. "did I mis-read your post"

Bob,are you saying stain is still there ?

I thought you had gotton LUCKY with the H202 ....."possibly it was GREY pooPON" :lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yes my fingers are snow frickkin' white...
but the musturd is still there....i think i rushed it to much..

I'm going back next week to try again......

no charge

joe harper

Name
joe harper
AFFIRMATIVE!!!!!!

Ask MARY....If he has a HAND LOTION to rE-MoiStErIzE your HANDS.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think that he/she .....has some hOmOseXuAl tenDAscieS... :shock: :shock:

Back
Top Bottom