Theres something about Mary,,,Brian Robison subs etc.

dylvargas

Been a long time posting on any board but had to chime in. My name is Dylan. I sub for Brian and have my own clients here in the Sacramento area. As the years have past the arguments are still the same it seems. At any rate, why would I not seek %50 of a $300 job when I am out working anyways? Why not pocket another $150? (ok, now come all the costs of doing business blah. blah blah.) Very rarely is a job $90 and when they are, my gas and lunch are paid for the day. I am in the area usually anyway. Brian stated the job that was split we did for $2,000 and I did another $200 job (100 to me) on the way home. Pretty good dough for a sub. I clean well. You always will run the risk of having someone doing a less than owner would cleaning, steal a client or piss off a client. That is risk just like anything else. Some people seem to think it cost a million dollars to clean with all your costs. Everyones costs are different. The money I make from Brian I will take any day over the 8 hour work day. When you clean for even %50, how many hours are you actually cleaning? Most of the time is driving. Monday I will do 2 jobs for Brian. Make at least $150 (my cut) and that is worst case scenario which beats laying around on the couch. I will physically work or approx 3 hours at the most, home by 1:30. Last week I did just about $1,000 on my own clients. So this is a perfect mix and I dont have to live by the freaking phone every time it rings. Brian gets to stress on that! Why dont I just market my own company more? Burnt out on doing that, shoulder and elbow killing me and I hate where I live. Nice to see so many familiar names on here. How is Big Jonh at the Blue board doing? Rick Freitas?

Mikey P

Administrator
Big John is here.

He hangs in the Politics room mostly since he can't clean worth a shit.
Rick retired from the boards.

So what do you know about Kevin Price?

G

once in the house and you up sell do you have to split that 50/50

dylvargas

I have met Kevin a handful of times. Been to his house and met at a couple of jobs. Very interesting guy. Very creative when it comes to creating equipment (truckmounts etc.). I am a little familiar with his working time with Brian.

dylvargas

Gordon, we split the whole job whatever the final price is. I also dont upsell that much. Brian is pretty good on the phone about prequalifying a good price, protectant, deodorizer etc. Brian also is of the same thought about not selling stuff the client does not need or any bait and switch pricing.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dylvargas said:
Why dont I just market my own company more? Burnt out on doing that, shoulder and elbow killing me and I hate where I live.

dayum...

that sucks, Dylan

on the other hand...if subbing works for you and you're happy with the arrangements...ain't nuttin wrong wi'dat

welcome back

PS...and give us some dirt on Brian...something about him we can all make fun of
does he wear pink Crocs?

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom