Thermal Imaging and larger Vac Hose.

Mike Draper

I think there would be a great audience for this at mikeyfest. Here is what I suggest. 2 wands, 12 flow, clean half a carpet at 100' with 2.5" hose other half with 100' of 2" hose, no dry strokes. Same TM. Then repeat this at 150' of hose. Lets see which carpet is going to dry faster and have the thermal imaging to back it up. What do you say?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
forgive my ignorance, Mark...but don't thermal image cams work by finding hot and cold spots in structures ??

if so.....how would that measure dry times?

why not use a moister meter??

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

meAt said:
forgive my ignorance, Mark...but don't thermal image cams work by finding hot and cold spots in structures ??

if so.....how would that measure dry times?

why not use a moister meter??

..L.T.A.

forgive my ignorance, but doesn't the surface cool much faster when evaporation is going on? Of course we would use moisture meters as well, but this way we could how you knuckleheads a picture of how 2.5" hose works better to dry carpet.

RIP IT

Name
Chris
If the carpets I clean are dry to the touch in 30 minutes ( it's 38 degrees C / 100 degrees F here today ) using two inch hose, what is the point in having to lug 2.5 inch hose around and have to carry less hose on the reel to get it dry in less time?

Mike Draper

Have any of you guys not seen the dri-eaz studebaker fan commercial? it clearly shows with Thermal imaging what carpet dries the fastest. Forget it, lets just all go back to 1.5" hose and #3 blowers. :?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike Draper said:
Have any of you guys not seen the dri-eaz studebaker fan commercial? it clearly shows with Thermal imaging what carpet dries the fastest. Forget it, lets just all go back to 1.5" hose and #3 blowers. :?

you coming to MF, Drapes?

if you do, I hope you're not as WHINNY in real life..... :shock:

:p :p :p

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
RIP IT said:
If the carpets I clean are dry to the touch in 30 minutes ( it's 38 degrees C / 100 degrees F here today ) using two inch hose, what is the point in having to lug 2.5 inch hose around and have to carry less hose on the reel to get it dry in less time?

yeah yeah, but at what flow ..are you FLUSHING or MISTING???

and its not like you have to run the 2.5 to the wand...

whats funny is you guys dont understand how well the CFM part of the vac pie works.....i dont doubt there is plenty of lift...i took the hose off and it "grabs and holds" your hand real well, but it takes those extra few ticks to do so... So great i get most the water out , and it sits in the hose :?

as mike said...fook it lets go back to 1.5 and #3s

oh and dont for get the 1 or 2 flow....get it nice and misted

RIP IT

Name
Chris
Whatever flow the Legend GT puts out at 400 psi through the standard Titanium wand with a holed Green Glide.
95% of the time I run 30 metres of two inch hose and the first room I clean is usually dry when I'm packing up ( even when it's not 38 degrees C ).
If I were to use a length of 2.5 inch hose then I can only fit 45 metres on the reel instead of 60.
I may change the setup in the future but for the type of work I do the standard machine is doing more than an adequate job.
Obviously if you live in an area of extreme low temperatures you would have to do everything possible to reduce your drying times.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
RIP IT said:
Obviously if you live in an area of extreme low temperatures you would have to do everything possible to reduce your drying times.

actually, Chris, winter/cold temps is good for drying.
due to the heat being on regular , houses are generally much drier in winter

there's comes a point of diminishing returns vs the PITA factor .
10% reduction on a 6 hour dry time ("real" dry time, not what most of youinz call "dry) equates to a whopping 36 minutes .
5.5 hours vs 6 hours....big whop....

please note, it's very rare any of our hose runs are over 150ft
and 100ft gets us to most.
45 blower set at 14hg

so your mileage may vary....

you guys running longer than that or with bigger or smaller blowers, and/or different cleaning techniques .... I donno nuttin' about

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
47 blower ... 100 feet 2" hose barbed connections... 12 flow quad jet... dry in 2 hrs.. fall

47 blower... 100 feet 2.5" with cool cuffs to the wand ... same wand as above and same area.. and in the only one day later. meter dry in 1/2 hr.

47 blower... 50 feet 2.5, 50 ft 2" with cool cuff to the wand... same wand, one more day later, 1 hr dry times. right now thats is my setup.. 2.5" off the machine for 50 and 50of 2inch inside the house, does majority of our houses. over 100 feet take another length of 2.5" off for 100 feet of 2.5 then add 2" sections as needed to front end.

works for me!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
sweendogg said:
47 blower ... 100 feet 2" hose barbed connections... 12 flow quad jet... dry in 2 hrs.. fall

47 blower... 100 feet 2.5" with cool cuffs to the wand ... same wand as above and same area.. and in the only one day later. meter dry in 1/2 hr.

47 blower... 50 feet 2.5, 50 ft 2" with cool cuff to the wand... same wand, one more day later, 1 hr dry times. right now thats is my setup.. 2.5" off the machine for 50 and 50of 2inch inside the house, does majority of our houses. over 100 feet take another length of 2.5" off for 100 feet of 2.5 then add 2" sections as needed to front end.

works for me!

see i knew i kinda liked you :p

though my blower is still a 36 :cry:

i would like a 56 so i can dual wand at times, on some of my larger commercial jobs..but alas that will have to wait

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom