They fit!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
yzesuny8.jpg
pyqyba9y.jpg

We are going through growing pains at TCM of Iowa but I'm SO happy to say that our now 2 vans fit in our very standard 2 car garage! The Ford squats just enough when she's full of fresh water to fit into the door. The garage is well insulated and they are protected. We have made and spent almost 2X what we did last year. I got into this biz because I like cleaning and I'm pretty independent. I didn't realize all the decisions that would have to be made along the way. Part of our success is due to you guys here. Your willingness to share ideas and me remaining teachable has really paid off in the last year. Thank you from IA.

The Clean Machine

Name
Brad Gouveia
Man that ford looks way tall than the chevy.

I had the same problem as you, I found out I could make my opener open a little bit father raising the door just a little bit more. The first time I pulled in I could hear it dragging on the roof. It was a brand new van. After I filled it up and it got used a little it sat down a bit.

Reactions: Russ T.

Becker

Name
Becker
Wow close. Side by side with nearly comparable equipment my 2010 is much taller than my 06.

Both E350s.

Yes. Often a garage door can me opened or rigged to open taller. But framing is framing.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Well you solved one problem and created another one. Wife is going to be pissed with a cold snowy car all winter.

Golden Boy

Reactions: Russ T.

Becker

Name
Becker
Dave is a plug in machine. Even still.

I've honestly wondered. Is Dave just jerking our chain?
I don't volunteer for a ride along to find out. I recommend dirk.

Electric or not. I can't imagine.

Umm mama. Can you move your c class so I can pull my E series in??

Reactions: GCCLee

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
You must be a pretty slim fella.

It's crazy tight in there. I'm selling the Chevy because I don't think I'll need 2 vans this winter. I want a nice, full wrap put on the Ford (already designed by Philip at Sign Amigo) along with a few other things to get it where I want it.

The Clean Machine

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

worse, he says he does that in winter .

"No Mrs Ma'am, don't worry about all that salt/sludge/road grime from those drips and snow chunks that fall off my van , cause we'll be glad to pressure was the floor for $79.95"

..L.T.A.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I've met a few I'd like to be able to back in their garage and let a lil Goat out if ya know what I mean : )

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dave is a plug in machine. Even still.

I've honestly wondered. Is Dave just jerking our chain?
I don't volunteer for a ride along to find out. I recommend dirk.

I do it all the time especially in the winter. The client love not having their front door open with all the cold drafts. No snow and other crap tracked in by foot or by hose and the van stays nice and cozy warm.it can be 15 below outside and don't give a crap.it's the main reason to go electric

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
I do it all the time especially in the winter. The client love not having their front door open with all the cold drafts. No snow and other crap tracked in by foot or by hose and the van stays nice and cozy warm.it can be 15 below outside and don't give a crap.it's the main reason to go electric

Do you also clean all the salt and snow that falls off your vehicle while it's in there? If snowing do you brush of the customers vehicle before they drive it back in?
I can see the benefit, but at the same time....

One of these seems like it's allot easier to use instead....
20131027_110803.jpg

sent via tapatalk.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Do you also clean all the salt and snow that falls off your vehicle while it's in there? If snowing do you brush of the customers vehicle before they drive it back in?
I can see the benefit, but at the same time....

One of these seems like it's allot easier to use instead....
20131027_110803.jpg
It's more than just having a draft dodger. I use one too as needed. They have slush in the garage from their own car.it's expected in the winter. If a big chuckk of ice falls off i get rid of it. Again no big deal. I work off the side door which means stepping off the side of the driveway into 6"-3 ft of snow. Also, 1/2 of the walks to the front doors are not shovels (the clients come in through the garage too) I also don' t want to slip on a driveway that is covered in slick ice. I had my van slide down ice covered driveways two times while unattended on sloped driveways. That won' t happen in a garage. I. hate stomping off snow every time I go outside to get supplies. I hate how a solution hoes will freeze almose instantly when in get below 10 degrees out. My glasses fogging up when introducing myself to a client.You can see it is far more than what can be corrected by using a draft dodger.

BTW: is that the Bane door guard in the picture?

Last edited:

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Can't remember the brand but I'll check later. Of the attached garages I see here half are kept free of snow. The garage mats for containing snow are big here. Wait for it to melt then use a shop vac.
Not much heat then from the electro eh? As long as I immediately start cleaning I haven't had a problem yet cleaning -45 c. Lol
Yay snow.... :(
2012-12-03165832.jpg

Becker, what year are the vans? So far which one are you favoring?

sent via tapatalk.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
As far as the van goes, I prefer the Chevy. It just seems "tighter". But I think I'm becoming a PTO guy because I'm really liking the Cleanco. If I were shopping for new, I'd consider Butler, Cleanco, SS 1200 or the Hydramaster PTO's with the winner being installed in a Chevy.

The Clean Machine

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why not! Lp is commonly used indoors all the time. If running properly it just makes carbon dioxide ( the stuff we breath ) & water vapor.Haven't you ever seen a floor burnisher or a forklift used indoors? They also make ventless LP heaters for houses. LP is the cleanest form of fuel and it actualy reduces greenhouse gas emissions.

Try that with your gas powered truckmount!

Last edited:
F

FB7777

Dave

All things equal, if we are both at the same house, I park right outside the garage door and put a door drape on the door leading in from the garage

I close the garage door 6 inches from the ground

I don't find even 2 car garages very easy to work in if my van is pulled in with the doors closed.

There is no way you can open the rear door of your van with the garage door shut , and most people tend to store stuff in their garage

Your claim that you drive into the customers garage fire the machine up and conveniently go to work is flawed in the real world

Can you provide so evidence online where it clearly states that it is acceptable to operate an LP heater in a non ventilated confined space , cause all I see is evidence to the contrary

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Can't imagine how stinky and muggy that garage is once you leave.

I prefer warm and toasty. Why would it stink? I drain m tank and throw in colorine tablets a couple of times a week.The clients really do enjoy not having hoses and people coming in during inclemnent weather.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom