thinking of doing a porty only van next summer

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have grown to be busy enough for me and expect to possibly run a second truck next summer. I doubt I will enough money for a second truckmount so I was thinking of doing my porty in the minivan for the second truck. I got a pimped out hydroforce olympus 500 psi porty that is set up with 2 inch hose and has 2 ,2 stages and an additional 3 stage so lots of suck for a porty. I figure if I sent my part time guy out to the novice jobs like rentals and small offices and such he would do ok with the porty and a 175 with some brushes and bonnets. I do also like that some jobs are only accessable to a porty so having a porty to bring inside isnt always bad to have I have been getting alot more sales and really dont want to turn away any business .. I figure this is the next best thing and a good temporary fix until I can afford a second truckmount. plus using my minivan would also be good for when I have repairs and upholstery jobs.do you guys have any suggestions for setting my minivan back up as a pog mobile?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Leave that stuff in the garage for emergency use only.

Get more efficient and productive with your existing Truckmount by starting a little earlier, working a little later, adding a helper and hustling a lot harder.

Then count your money and see if I'm right.

randy

Name
Randy
I know lots of guys that run very profitable businesses with portables and laugh at guys for buying truck mounts.
The true cost of buying,operating, and maintaining a truck mount is huge , even before depreciation is figured in.

There was once a massive difference in the quality of the finished product when comparing a truck mount to a portable. That is no longer the case regardless of what many cleaners would like to think. A decent portable can give you just as good of results for a relatively small investment, but sometimes it will take you much longer (IE when the place is just trashed).
A decent counter rotating brush for a thorough pre-scrub is a must and will drastically even the playing field, time wise.

Another option might be a used truck mount as there are tons of carpet cleaning companies folding up shop and even more repos.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom