Thinking of wrapping on of the vans Pros and Cons

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My vehicles are lettered and look nice except one and I wanted to get it wrapped, I need design ideas and pros and cons vs wrap and no wrap.I will post the van in a minute. It is a silver E350 XLT extended with the dark windows all around

newvan.jpg

Well, as someone who spent 8 years in the sign and graphic industry, I'll throw in my own opinion on wraps. You can take it how you like.

The term 'wrap' has come to mean a vehicle completely covered in graphics and images. If CORRECTLY DONE, this can be effective. However, I will say that the majority of sign shops out there lack the design skills to pull off an effective wrap. That's way so many of them are difficult to read and just overuse "cool" effects. The actual layout and design is lacking.

That said, there are a few shops out there putting out really quality wraps, but a smart shop knows that a full wrap isn't the only effective way to advertise your business.

I'm beginning to think that wraps are getting a little over saturated in some areas. To the point that people really don't notice them anymore, no matter what graphics you use. I have a feeling that the popularity of digital wraps is going to fade in the next 5 years or so.

I think a well lettered van, or a smaller "Partial Wrap" can be just as effective, look cleaner, and save you money as well.

Again, it all depends on the designer and the shop doing the wrap. Don't choose just anyone with a digital printer. Find a shop with a great designer, or hire a designer to design the wrap and just have your local shop install it.

Just my own thoughts.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I guess what I am looking for is a partial because I won't be doing the roof. I looked into a company that has done all the signage for my old businesses and are great and I think they can pull it off or the other is the one on ebay and I would have another compnay install

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
no ideas or input. Can anyone post their wraps so I can see the difference

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Make your wrap stand out from the crowd, a lettered van is better than nothing, but how many vans do we see lettered every day?

Don't put a menu of items on the van, drivers don't have a lunch break just to read your entire menu.

van1991.jpg

RapidSignVan.jpg

RapidSignVanBeach.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That trailer wrap looks pretty cool.

Maybe you could do something like that with a family inside or something.

Whatever you do, don't put bestiality on your van like Harper does. :shock:

First thing you need to do is update you logo...these are just my opinions.

Black and red is no good for residential home owners.

That van has too many windows for a wrap...although I've seen some pretty good window covers.

Problem with a silver van is you probably should wrap close to 100% of it so the silver doesn't show.

you could paint it white and use graphics? Money.

I would wrap it...but a large portion should be to white it out and then lay your graphics over that.

I don't care what anyone says, white is still the main color of a vehicle to clean carpets...because it looks "clean".
And it can still stand out if done right.

I'm pretty sure this post of mine didn't help at all...whattyagonnado?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am not updating my logo. Other points were really good

If I did that then I would have to change the car and box truck

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greg Crowley said:
I am not updating my logo. Other points were really good

If I did that then I would have to change the car and box truck