this guy has the stuff..........

Name
George Valliant
John did a beautiful job on my E-1. would recommend him.. A+

I almost have all the bugs worked out of the Venturi. The chimps tore it up big time before getting my hands on it!!!

It's running sweet as apple pie now!!!!!!!! Only thing left is air conditioning. Just installed new tranny cooling fan and flushed/ re-filled with Wynn's Full Synthetic tranny fluid. The transmission is shifting smooth as silk and gained extra 100 rpms on the contral panel as a result!!! go figure.

2009-10-23154640.jpg

droppedImage.jpg

Name
George Valliant
I can't remember man... Think it cost like $1800 or something... Maybe some shipping too. I can't remember exactly.

Name
George Valliant
I agree. Whatever I paid for it seemed very expensive at the time.

Johns said it might be a simple $400 repair but after he cracked it open it turned into a complete rebuild from scratch.

Did speak with Aerotech and think their price was a few hundred less. But, I wanted john to build my E-1.

His are bigger, fatter and hotter than oem.

Next chance I get I'll look thru credit card statements and get you the total.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Does John still limit his capabilities to coil-type heat exchangers?

I know that in the past I've seen many of his "retrofit" replacement exchangers were not the longitudinal tube and shell type, and were instead a single helical coil. In so doing, the replacement exchangers were both much lesser in efficiency due to less tubing (less surface area) in the same package size, but also much more prone to a catastrophic failure. That being if one tube is clogged or leaks, it's your only tube - game over.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well Fool? which is it?

coil and you're gonna regret it.

ONE of my tubes in my lower failed and I was able to weld it shut it on both ends and be on my merry way.

Name
George Valliant
Good question shawn ...(thank u mike. I had to read question a few times for it to sink into my thick skull).

I remember John going into detail before I authorized work. He assured me more surface area and more heat than OEM. Sales ploy? Perhaps.

He said the rebuild would require more then 100 foot of 3/8 copper tubing rated at 1500 psi +.

He also said copper transfers heat better than stainless.

My gut was to have AT build it but TM was already down two weeks + before Johns informed me it couldn't be repaired. AT's lead time was longer so I went ahead and let John do the build.

From start to finish AT probably would have taken same amount of time or less.

Jury still out on wether Johns E-1 is superior to AT built. Maybe u can enlighten me.

Hope this helps.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
george how is that new e-1 doing?

have you noticed if the water in your freshy heats up quicker?

please let us know if you have noticed any noticable difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom