This is a first...

randy

Name
Randy
Best answer: No I dropped it when they raised the dues. If you want I can have an IICRC tech come by but you will get charged more like any union shop in a non-RIGHT TO WORK STATE. shiteatinggrin

I have been asked about certification three times in 20 years. Never have they mentioned the IICRC.
Despite what some IICRC proponents would have you believe,
it's an unknown, irrelevant organization.
Ignoring it 100% or jumping on board and parading around covered in badges will both have ZERO effect on your enterprise.
Occasionally a Girl Scout may see your awards and demand that you cite the carpet cleaners honor code or oath to verify you are for real.

Speaking of parading, I hear Baneclene once held an annual parade through their home town during their convention. Literally a line up off all the attendees trucks and uniformed, decorated techs marching along. Anyone ever actually been to a BaneParade ? Do you have to be Banewashed & badged to come stand on the corner and laugh your ass off ?

Disclaimer: I'm all for uniform shorts & photo ID's , just no Ranger outfits, marching or Parades !

Carl

Awesome reply Randy, I was thinking along the same lines and told them (obviously not as eloquent as you..) that they're full of S---.

Bob Foster

certificationshirt.jpg

uniform_cubSeeonee.gif

Bob Foster

They're for real. It's a local competitor that has their little soldiers strut around with them on like its some kind of rank.

randy

Name
Randy
I wonder if I could have Generals accidentally saluting me when I run jobs at the Pentagon. :shock:

You know what would complete that uniform, a hat. A banana shaped hat with the gold Dolli thing hanging down like Napoleon wore while on his conquests. Add an IICRC theme song and we are ready for a parade that will make the Baneclene parade look like the Shriners.

A

amazingcleansc

i was a certified carpet cleaner before i cleaned the first carpet. that makes it where i can do a better job than you guys that have been at it for 30 years UNCERTIFIED, right? :wink:

John Watson

I still have my jacket, evan tho I don't fit it no more. I had to refuse any more patches. I would't be able to bend my arms.. No Brag Just fact, I was one of the first 3 to have all certifications the IICUC and IICRC had in 1989 and kept up getting the new cert. areas as they came out.. Back then they ment something to me..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Getting Certified was great for knowledge but I'm not sure it helped me clean better. I knew fibers a little better and different things so I'm sure it helped in certain situations.

But I don't think it's worth the "Certification" label just for the one day class.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom