This is not an attack...I repeat

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This is not an attack....just a close look on what was said about what is happening (Yes Harper...I can never help myself...why do you think I get into so much trouble around here?)

HARPER said:
steve said:
Three years of pent up frustration is busting out in record sales for us in the first quarter 2011! So far, April is starting out as a new all time record month.....we will see.
New rankings on goggle, repeats,referrals ,net working and joint ventures with other small businesses are starting to pay off. It seems a new boom is upon us.

Anyone else seeing this?

Great to see your BIZ is doing well... 8)

HOWEVER.....all of the marketing dollars spent are hardly the reason... :oops: A man who stop spending money on advertising is like a man who stops a clock to save time....or something like that. Spend it wisely...which it looks like Steve did.

WE have been through recessions before. There are some critical things that always
happen in these times. One of the keys to survival is to downsize "short term" & ride
out the STORM...! Horse Hockey! NOW...or then is the time to "upsize: ...don't be a pussy cat in a tiger dominated world.

ADVERTIZING dollars are wasted...soliciting to EMPTY pockets.. :cry: Yes...don't advertise where there are no customers....Finding the customers and advertising to them is key.

Here is a few reasons you are seeing an UPSURGE in sales..............

1. The SUN is shining..."happens every year @ this time." I concur
2. The housing market is FINIALLY starting to stabilize. "properties are selling" Ditto...I didn't say you were ALL wrong. Ivebeensold
3. The weak cleaners have been eliminated..."Thinning of the HERD..less competition" That's an ongoing sitcom no matter what the economy...and it always is the thinnest right after winter...for a while.
4. Foreclosed homeowners are now settling in rentals. "They will STILL clean their homes" The whole reason that carpet cleaning is supposed to be recession proof...if they don't buy ...they clean...if they buy...they still clean.
5. Investor's in the "short sale" market have become landlords."They will NOT replace carpets" I know that's right...But that's rentals in general.
6. The saturation of "B&S" cleaners. Has run its course! "Clients are NOW looking for QUALITY" Good luck with that...B&S cleaners will be back soon enough..we always have to deal with that sooner or later.
7. Petroleum products have "skyrocketed". Flooring cost are "Out of reach for many" Yes
8. The EnCrAppInG craze will SOON go the "Way of Shampooing...AGAIN :roll: " You keep saying that...and it keeps not happening...and "Padcrapping" is the new craze you old coot.
9. Equipment,Chemicals,& Labor...will continue to fall in line.."Increasing our bottom-lines" If not, raise your prices a little to keep your bottom line and then some.

So......"THE MORE THINGS CHANGE.....THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME... !gotcha! "

ps."If you don't believe me..?" Just look @ mArY.. :cry: Poor basturd has been chasing
his tail so long...He looks 85... :oops: GOD BLESS him, ..he is a worker.. I think I will
HIRE him as a TECH..after his "nErVouS bReaKdOwN".... :p :mrgreen: NOw isn't that just the POT calling the KETTLE black........again. !gotcha!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm not going to get involved in the marketing angle or how "genuine" businessmen like Steve and Harpo do things..cause I'm just a BD like most everyone else

but can say from our experience, the tide turned last year about March.
Feb 2010 was dismal , but by mid March we were rolling and hitting on all 8 cylinders with periods of shear hectic madness trying to keep up thru the summer and fall.
Best of all, we cruised right thru Winter this year with very little hitch in the giddy-up

all bets are off this year though...cause it looks like to me we'll be back to that "unsettled" feeling with the new war and gas pushing up around $4

..L.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
I am too add to read it all but it seemed like Harpman made some great points.

if ..I remember correctly...?

When all this was coming DOWN....We spoke on the phone.. :idea:

We discussed "TiGhTeninG the BelTs"...ASAP... :!:

If my memory...serves me correct....? YOU & ALL of management took DRASTIC
pay cuts ....to PROTECT the BIZ... !gotcha!

A wise man shelters their workforce in HARD times.. !gotcha!
They LIVE to fight another day... 8)

ps Ohio & Michigan...IMO...Were kicked in the BALLS 1st & hardest in the recession.. :idea:
I HOPE you will be the 1st to recover... :mrgreen:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Still taking them Joe- just the owners and we also trimmed staff. All of this is due to our retail business struggles, cleaning has done well in this economy.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
Still taking them Joe- just the owners and we also trimmed staff. All of this is due to our retail business struggles, cleaning has done well in this economy.

Ahh Yes..! You had just opened NEW rug locations...OuCh...!!!

I also REMOVED my self from the PAYROL...in jan 2010.."Thought it was RetiRemEnT"

NOT SO FAST... :shock: "It turned into a lEavE of AbsEnCe.".... :x

I got THROWN BACK INTO THE WHEELHOUSE...last month...dAmmIT... :cry:

All is good though...!!!! " It is JUST the JOY of a FAMILY oPeRaTioN.. :lol: :lol: :lol: "

ps Sorry to hear about your father-in-law.. :cry: Hell OF Man... :!:
I saw a TRIBUTE to him on C-SPAN..... 8)

Mikey P

Administrator
Feel better Harper?

the lack of emoticons on WOD must have been killing you.

not too mention the lack of anyone interesting.. :shock:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
Feel better Harper?

the lack of emoticons on WOD must have been killing you.

not too mention the lack of anyone interesting.. :shock:

You really need to get OUT more... :mrgreen:

ps. Don't you just hate it when the "CORK"...dries-up...in a fine MERLOT... :?:

It can RUIN...the eNtIrE experiance of enJOYing a fine WINE... !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't think Ken's business or Harper's for that matter have anything to worry about. It's the people that make it through the hard times...the business just follows.

We lose some great people sooner or later but hopefully the ones left behind carry the legacy and keep it alive.

I'm glad to have you back Harp....I missed you a MikeFest you big whimp.

Just keep your panties from bunching up and you'll be fine...I'll try to take it easy on you. !gotcha!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when I grow up I want to be just like harper.......

minus the goat thing..that kinda creeps me out...

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim Martin said:
when I grow up I want to be just like harper.......

jIM, THE goat THING..."was a package DEAL.."... !gotcha!
I hope you can understand.... :idea:

005-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom