This targeting women?

2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvU4z8MTns2]

Buddy and I sent abot two hours messing around with this. I told him it was missing it's target!

Here is my take. It is a nice video. However I don't like the intro with the ink splotches. I don't see how that is relevant to the video or carpet cleaning. Experiment with the background music. I think you can do better in that department.

The video as it is should get business for you. You can always improve on it later.

danielc said:
Here is my take. It is a nice video. However I don't like the intro with the ink splotches. I don't see how that is relevant to the video or carpet cleaning. Experiment with the background music. I think you can do better in that department.

The video as it is should get business for you. You can always improve on it later.

This is just a throw it out there video. We know we missed the target. Just playing with some new software.

Mountain View Carpet Care said:
danielc said:

This is just a throw it out there video. We know we missed the target. Just playing with some new software.

What software is that?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Actually I liked it a lot. And I AM a woman.

I agree with Daniel above, the ink splotches should go. I would also try to find a more dramatic before and after shot and maybe throw in some stone, tile and area rug shots if you offer those services as well.

The music was not a turn off and matched the action of the video. I WOULD get longer shots with the name/logo to imprint that more in the mind of the viewer.

great job for a first effort!

Take care,
Lisa

RickL

I also liked it, much more catchy then the boring watching a guy drag a wand for 10 mins vids. It was crisp ,fast and well done . I also thought the music suited the pace/action of the video.

Much better then the video's I've seen form the guys on the other boards.

Ryan

Well... I thought the ink was cool. One of the best cc vids I've seen.

-JB-

Name
JB
very sharp, not sure MOST woman would warm to it though, but, umm, what I know about woman you could fit in a shot glass, so if Lisa says it's cool so be it!

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Richard, GREAT VID! High end production quality reflects the high end work your customers will get. The splotch of spooge is a cool animation but a bit long. 2 hours? Man, I cant wait to see what you come up with when you actually spend some time on a vid. Targeting the female sort, not so much.

I have 20 hours into my new vid on my web site and now you have made me ashamed to show it. I think I will just delete it, run home with my tail between my legs, and hide my head in the sand.

You have raised the bar.

Newman said:
Richard, GREAT VID! High end production quality reflects the high end work your customers will get. The splotch of spooge is a cool animation but a bit long. 2 hours? Man, I cant wait to see what you come up with when you actually spend some time on a vid. Targeting the female sort, not so much.

I have 20 hours into my new vid on my web site and now you have made me ashamed to show it. I think I will just delete it, run home with my tail between my legs, and hide my head in the sand.

You have raised the bar.

Come on... Show the video. :)

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Rich that video was better than most cc vids I have ever seen. I actually liked the ink splotches. Maybe if you wanted to change it you could have the splotches finally land on a carpet. But other wise i liked it.

CleanEvo

Great if you're selling equipment to carpet cleaners... not so much for Mrs. Jones who wants her carpets and upholstery cleaned.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
You guys have all been Yeadonized about what women respond to in ads.

Which is why your ads all look the same with babies and puppies, or they are overly texty JP ads....YOU NEED TO BE DIFFERENT FROM THE CROWD ABOVE ALL ELSE!!! catch their eye, put a tune or jingle in their head. Make them remember and recognize you from all the rest.

How many of you around my age STILL remember "Conjunction Junction, what's your function....." or "My bologna has a first name....." or "Two all beef patties, special sauce...." and if you were in Southern California you remember "Here's Cal Worthington and his dog Spot!...."

These were not GREAT lyrics.....but they were so memorable that even 30 years later we remember them. Be memorable, babies and kittens and puppies AINT where it's at!

Take care,
Lisa

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Totally agree Lisa, that is what I thought when I look at Wayne's new website. I liked his website but I figured who am I to question Wayne

never know if it will help until you try it

I think Rich's video appeals more to men but just relating it to what I see on TV. Still cool video.

CanYouHemiNow

Good vid... GREAT for only a couple of hours! I would Lisa to what Lisa has to say... she's purdy smart (for a girl). I know I am going to be trying to duplicate that quality... can I borrow your video expert friend? :p

Great looking website too... same friend do that?

CanYouHemiNow said:
Good vid... GREAT for only a couple of hours! I would Lisa to what Lisa has to say... she's purdy smart (for a girl). I know I am going to be trying to duplicate that quality... can I borrow your video expert friend? :p

Great looking website too... same friend do that?

Yes my buddy will do you a video as well.

Web site was built by anouther buddy.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
great vid, Rick

donno if it will appeal to wimmins or not ..some I'm sure..cause Lisa said it appeals to her...but honestly, I've never considered her to be the typical soccer mom

..L.T.A.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
[quote="RIP IT":c0836e9f]in Australia we spell 24 hour flood "response" NOT responce as in your video. Is it the same in US?

Heck if I know. :) But will double check that one.[/quote:c0836e9f]

Proper spelling would be response.

take care,
Lisa

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Lisa thanks for giving me credit for having that much power over a bunch of guys. But it is a lot of people smarter than me that say what women would appreciate in an ad.

The ad was very slick and well done. It appeals to the MTV generation with the fast editing, great camera angles and the trendy music and yes it does appeal to men. You cannot really believe that a woman besides yourself really thinks turning the switches on a truckmount excites them enough to call for an appointment.

What the ad lacks is an emotional appeal. Whether you believe me or not the best ads always are emotional. We do not make purchasing decisions logically.

I am sure we will be able to continue this discussion at MF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom