This would be funny if it wasn's so sad

John Olson

Name
John Olson
So it turns out that the "other" guy seen that our customer appreciation days are going on this week and are now calling everyone listed in Utah and telling them they are having a 15% off spring kick off sale. LMAO they have never had a spring kick off sale and since there was no mailer for it, it is obvious they threw this together at the last minute because they saw our Customer appreciation week was this week. Again it would be funny if it wasn't' so sad.

You would think with all their money and "experts" they could come up with something original of their own.

Someone asked so I have to say it Was NOT Steam Action Supply but the Other Guys.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL Shawn :) At least you would straight up tell me you was trying to F**K me instead of trying to sneak up on me :)

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
yeah i got some guys that do that crap in my area 2.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
you must be talking about bitchpoint, maybe scott W will read this and see they have been had. I don't think they like someone else in utah having a prochem dealership.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uh huh...called me...

was under the disguise of "checking you mailing info"

after my little issue with a coupler replacement..(yes it was 18 mths later, but do ny-lock nuts loosen over time??? say 3 out of 4?? yeah i didnt think so)

I am even less impressed with them...

Farenheit251

John, you've been hanging around carpet cleaners too long. Sure we like to save money but I wouldn't change distributors over 10%. Make me feel like you are glad I stopped in because I am important to you.(I've worked damn hard to get to where I am at) Secondly don't ever hose me-even for $5. Look at Boazcan's post. That guy loves to waste money on Aerotechs and $400 sprayers yet is livid over a $42 labor charge. It's the principle not the amount.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I must be missing something, or there are other concerns regarding this competitor. Sounds to me they are just being smart business people trying to combat your promotion. Do you think they are bad mouthing you about having yours?

Everyone is trying to make a living and help their business.

Ken

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The "other" guy was actually my wife. She called John's business - he is one of our customers - to check his mailing information. She talked with Angela.

She had no idea that John even had a sale going on.

We call all of our customers (not just Utah) once a year to be sure the mailing information is correct. It cost money to send out catalogs. If someone has made a purchase in the last few months, we likely checked their information then, so we don't call these folks.

For those that want to give us their email address, we offer a 15% discount on any ONE item. We save by emailing special sale flyers along with technical bulletins from myself, Doyle Bloss and several others. The customer gets a good deal.

It has no relationship to your sale, John. We hope you sell a ton of Hydroforce products.

Scott Warrington

Mikey P

Administrator
BrianE said:
John, you've been hanging around carpet cleaners too long. Sure we like to save money but I wouldn't change distributors over 10%. Make me feel like you are glad I stopped in because I am important to you.(I've worked damn hard to get to where I am at) Secondly don't ever hose me-even for $5. Look at Boazcan's post. That guy loves to waste money on Aerotechs and $400 sprayers yet is livid over a $42 labor charge. It's the principle not the amount.

Exactly.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
scottw said:
The "other" guy was actually my wife. She called John's business - he is one of our customers - to check his mailing information. She talked with Angela.

She had no idea that John even had a sale going on.

We call all of our customers (not just Utah) once a year to be sure the mailing information is correct. It cost money to send out catalogs. If someone has made a purchase in the last few months, we likely checked their information then, so we don't call these folks.

For those that want to give us their email address, we offer a 15% discount on any ONE item. We save by emailing special sale flyers along with technical bulletins from myself, Doyle Bloss and several others. The customer gets a good deal.

It has no relationship to your sale, John. We hope you sell a ton of Hydroforce products.

Scott Warrington

uh first time i had ever been called...

but then again, i havent bought tons of stuff there..sooooo

John Olson

Name
John Olson
First reply to Ken. I guess you can call it "good" business it did get several customers to call and place orders with us while they where telling us what was going on.

Second Reply to Scott. Your wife calling just happened to be the funniest part of all. I have Friends not customers and I have taken a dozen or so calls about the 15% off sale. Now if it is on just one Item someone forgot to tell these folks cuz they think it is something different.

If it truly was a coincidence (which I don't believe) then hey all's good, if not then it is just one more thing. You see Scott you might not know the history but your employer used to send people down to watch who was coming in and when they would leave they would get a phone call asking them why they where down here. So you see I have a hard time believing it had nothing to do with our Customer Appreciation Days (Please get that right as we are not having a SALE.)

steve g

Name
steve garrett
scott w like it or not word gets around, people are afraid to show anything new to hydroforce for fear of it being copied, just like the wall corner shields did. its a known joke around here and even came up in the hotseat interview the other night, the checkmate guy knows not to show his patch thing to HF now. I think it hurts credibility, so the story of it being a coincidence is less believable,

all I gotta say is wow to john O's comments about customer surveillance, that is pretty down and dirty. again funny how things make it back to other people

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom