This year’s expenses in terms of % of income?

This year’s expenses in terms of % of income?

• I am increasing this years expenses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am decreasing this years expenses

• I am hoping to keep them the same

• Total voters

Bob Foster

No matter if your a new operation and older operation a single truck or multi-truck operation how are you treating this years expenses.

And why?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i gave my kid a buck an hour raise...plus i bought some rust mort for my van......
so I guess i am increasing this years expenses..

R

R W

I'm with Marty.....my expenses are going up all by their selves. Between fuel costs for my fuel pig Genesis, and my 03 Chevy Express, which refuses to get better than 10-11 miles per gallon, even when coasting, my fuel costs alone will double from last year.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Over all we are holding our percentages down, but we still making purchases that are out of necessity. Have spent more on marketing so far this year, as we try to stimulate more work.

Sold a truck and TM last week and bought a new truck to replace it. I plan on installing a slightly used TM in the new one.

I did put less down than I normally would, and just plan to adjust as the economy hopefully improves.

:wink:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I didn't vote because I'm reducing unnecessary spending to off set the increase in costs elsewhere BUT at the same time, increasing turnover while expenses stay relatively unchanged overall.

I guess in the long run, it'll show as a decrease % wise but we'll see.

John

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I have increased my prices, spent more on marketing and added tile, grout and stone cleaning to increase my gross. Hopefully this will lower or keep my percentage of expenses the same.

Rex Tyus

Expenses will be down as a percent and as a dollar amount this year. I have much of room for improvement in the expense category. I will have a reduction in fuel as I am eliminating service to some areas. I have tried to cover to large of an area for too long. Purchases will be way down as well. I have never given much thought to buying whatever I wanted. Now I make sure I have a need, or at least a purpose.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I'll finally be free of YP advertising which will bring my expenses way down. Plus I will do very little paid advertising except the internet. After 4 years I'm rolling pretty good on repeats and referrals.

I've also figured out which chems I need so I don"t order stuff I don't need.

Expenses will eat up around 23% or less of my gross.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
DANG....You mean expenses are supposed to be LESS than gross?

No wonder we're always broke.........

I should have taken accounting like my mom wanted me to.

:?

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom