Those that bought Sapphire Upholstery tools I have a special offer to be Beta Testers

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Those that bought Sapphire tools from me are going to get first crack at being beta testers for the clear cover. This is not to say anything is going into production but after talking with Bill today it is worth exploring if having a clear top cover might be a cool option. It will only be the top cover you will need to switch it over yourself and run it an then report back in 2 weeks-30 days then 60 days and let everyone know how it is holding up and post how much it was used and post pictures. Those that bought them from me need get first rights then everyone else. You only need to place an order once they are in or pay the shipping. There is no cost other then reporting back.

Send me a PM and I'll put you on the list. If you do not have a Sapphire tool et you can order them from me for $499 with free shipping and when the new heads get here I'll end you one no charge. This is limited to 25 people so act fast to get on the list

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Tell his butt to fill the blue mold with the clear platik then. Get with it and quit the stumbling guys.

Do away with the Blue tops period!!! While you can.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I didn't talk to him I talked to his boss. :) We will see what happens if not then the beta test will be over very fast. Right now I am just making a list of those willing to give it a good run.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think it would be excellent for showing the customers the soil being removed. Especially if the piece being cleaned didn't appear it. It could stimulate then into to cleaning other pieces that by appearance don't seem to be soiled. ???

Name
Nate W.
The only downside I thought of was yellowing of the plastic from age... It was pretty cool seeing it clear!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I want one...I was trying to figure out how to get the one Studebaker had at the show.....

Put me on the list...I'll buy it.............

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The first ones wont be for sale. Bill is willing to make a test run and that's it. If they work and are worth buying and replacing as they cloud up, and they will , then we will talk about selling them. They will be a replaceable item as no "window" ever last for long. The key will be can they be made at a price that being replaceable will be worth it.

Reactions: GCCLee

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
It's hard to get a true feel for a tool without some time in the field. The clear tool was hooked up to a different truckmount than the blue tool, but for some reason the clear tool out performed the blue tool, in my opinion (subject to change with more testing)&

any distributor want to trade a rotovac tool for a ss tool? Used on one couch is all.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
any distributor want to trade a rotovac tool for a ss tool? Used on one couch is all.

Is this the SS look alike .. whats wrong with it .. maybe I'll buy it ..

I paid special attention to the plastic (acrylic?) site on my drimaster and really can't tell how dirty the recovery is .. so to me, site is useless .. access to remove lint is the only upside ..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Roto vac if held towards your face will spray one stream at you and one away. It didn't seem to affect the cleaning of it at all. The design and angle of the tool were still nice. I didn't care for the trigger but if you're not buying a Sapphire (why not?) then this would be my second choice.

Although you might check with Mike he had a screaming deal on some new ones at the fest unless he already sent them back. ???

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Part of the convenience with these tools is that the water is contained and does not spray out when tool is lifted off the fabric.

I thought the Rotovac tool did a really good job at flushing, they need to fix the flaw of over spraying and do more beta testing with it.
Hint: Also a clear one would be good!

Richard, I didn't see much difference in the trigger compared to the SS tool. Did I not pay attention?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It sticks out much further. I think because the Sapphire valve is recessed.

I only know because I smashed my little finger with the trigger. : (

I do like the shape of the Rotovac tool and it is lightweight. Even with its "Con's" its much better than a lot of other upholstery tools out there.

Plus the suicide spray didn't seem to make a difference in cleaning.

Just don't trigger it unless its on the fabric. :eekk:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The Roto vac if held towards your face will spray one stream at you and one away. It didn't seem to affect the cleaning of it at all. The design and angle of the tool were still nice. I didn't care for the trigger but if you're not buying a Sapphire (why not?) then this would be my second choice.

Although you might check with Mike he had a screaming deal on some new ones at the fest unless he already sent them back. ???

I have to be honest......that UPH tool was not all that good....it felt like thin cheaper plastic....the angle felt off and did not seem as comfortable to use......
the over spray was pathetic for a UPH tool..... Mike got a video of someone holding the trigger open and showing how bad it was.the poor guy was soaked from the knees down.....I can see a huge amount of problems with that one...more so if you have guys that don't know how to lay something down and it is always falling/dropping....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd have still taken over some of the others. Some were just awkward to use on curved surfaces other locked down on the fabric too much even with the relief wide open. I'm sure we should have backed the unit down some but the fabric was still getting sucked into the vac slot too far.

The Sapphire is the best (sorry Ofer) but among the other choices I'd probably grab the Rotovac.....I'd just be sure not to grab it by the trigger unless I wanted a bath. :winky:

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
SS was the most popular as far as crowds go.

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have used the Rotovac upholstery tool three times since picking it up at Mikefest in a package deal with the 4 head Rotovac 360i. I really liked using it because of its light weight and design. It seems to clean well. I like the feel of the tool better than the Hydrokinetic I have used most of the time for 29 years.

However, I liked the RV tool so well, that I would like to have a Saffire too instead. Does that make sense?

I thought the front/back spray pattern on the RV was pretty cool at first, but in a practical setting, not so much. Whenever you come to the edge of the upholstery during cleaning, you are going to get wet, or worse, something else will. It seems to be the rear center hole that streams much more forcefully than the other rear holes. I thought about plugging that one rear solution hole, or maybe all of them if that didn't work well.

The front two holes also spray with much more force, which should easily make up for the lost hole in the rear if purposely pugged, but I could tell that the fabric would be penetrated more in the middle as a result. Not particularly a good thing, but maybe I am over reacting. Anyway, the Saffire tool held a more even spray pattern through its holes, and didn't spit back.

The valve wanted to stick open on the RV tool at first, so I turned pressure down to 300 psi, but still would stick. However, after a little use, it worked without sticking. The lever flops down quite a ways and feels like it would be nice to have a vinyl cover for comfort. The SS tool seems better from the little I demoed it.

Just some early observations. Bottom line is these tools are sure better than the ones I started out with in 1970!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Hole water jets brings streaking to mind .. I gotta be missing something .. I actually have a couple Drimaster 1 - zzz and the water is evenly flowing out the bar .. I have my Prochem incase I come across some Herculon or similar fabric which works perfectly .. Id like a SS but Id also like to see how yall are doing with it for a bit .. so Ill be watchin

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
My son is telling me that even the dirtiest of water looks clean and foamy when going through the head.

depends I suppose....when I was using the drimaster with the window...I could tell a dif between clean and dirty it was nice to see it flowing...

So with that said....

Ill try it out John.....hell i will even wait to clean my couches tell it comes in....(unless its like 3 mths or more)

oh, and mine has only been used once since bought end of NOV :icon_redface:

shity weather hate doing uph

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Will see if I have any left and I'll let you know after they come in Doug. No idea how long but I'll let everyone know when they get here

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Put some blue tape on the bottom, see ft it changes the visual any.

I just want the top half clear. Bottom stays original blue

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom