Throwing some bedliner down on a 14 year old aluminum floor.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It ran a little here and there but don't really care as it only cost 180 plus 2 hours of labor.

Cleaned it up with wire brushes on grinder, degreaser a couple of times, acid washed it twice, washed again. Then I hand sanded with a couple of blocks of 60 grit blocks. Hit with two coats of self etching primer then shot two coats of bedliner with a undercoating gun from oriellys auto.

20131202_174305.jpg

20131202_145735.jpg

We had to use bedliner because the aluminum was getting eaten up pretty bad under the rear tank.
20131202_145753.jpg

20131202_145803.jpg

imagejpeg_0_3.jpg

20131202_145745.jpg

20131203_163150.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
what type of acid? and how strong...

hope you rinsed the hell out of it...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes rinsed at car wash bay for more than ten minutes each time.

Blown out every time with high volume high air pressure nozzle.

Before application of primer. The whole area was soaked down and wiped up with m.e.k. Solution. Scuffed it once more with 60 grits sanding flexible blocks . Blown outdone more time and hit with m.e.k. Pretty heavily and blown out once more.

Allowed to air dry for a couple of hours and shot the bedliner in about 15 minutes for first application waited an hour. Then applied second coat heavier to all areas and let sit for 2 days for good measure ( it was too cold outside to do anything else).

We stripped all of the paint of the tanks. After the new year going to throw a new blower in the truck then throw everything back in along with a new control panel, heat exchanger, and the new aero tech style vac hose reel. Also picked up a new Titan electric, stainless drum/aluminum frame- solution reel.(looks killer) this will be a first on any of the trucks to have a powered solution reel. so we will see he it works out.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
George Valliant
Well,

that looks great!

Lippold, I'd like to add a few more things to the list of repairs for that vortex you're working on.. lol..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think he gave me a rookie to do the work and then squirmed when I complained about the quality. In the end he admitted it should have been done better. Had he started with that I'd probably still use him. I hate fighting over something that obviously needed to be redone. :frown:

I think price has been pretty close on all the liners guys we've used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom