Ti wand review

Wow..

Best wand I ever had very lightweight and the upgrades with the check valve extenders and feather touch valve is fookin sweet. The valve that comes with it will give you carpal tunnel..no joke my hand was numb till I got it and I noticed my right foreman was getting HUGE.

Must have:

Feather touch valve
check/extenders and 02 jets
hybrid GG.

Well worth $$$, this wand will outlive me..lol

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
C Pennington said:
Wow..

Best wand I ever had very lightweight and the upgrades with the check valve extenders and feather touch valve is fookin sweet. The valve that comes with it will give you carpal tunnel..no joke my hand was numb till I got it and I noticed my right foreman was getting HUGE.

Must have:

Feather touch valve
check/extenders and 02 jets
hybrid GG.

Well worth $$$, this wand will outlive me..lol

Indeed. The Ti is the the state of the art. Now.

kelsolo

well for someone who has owned one ,they are a great wand but in my opinion they dont hold a candle to a greenhorn.

Mikey P

Administrator
I got my Ti wand in 1998

Customized with a extra 6 inches of tube.

When I die I want to be burned and have the ashes placed in the wand then have it sealed up on both ends.

Then you all can auction it off to the highest bidder.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have both the Ti and Green BEan wands. They both are good wands, but I like the Ti better for the simple reason that the head height is a bit lower on the Ti, thus making it useful in getting under more furniture.

Put jet extenders on ANY wand and jack up your pressure and it will streak. It's less a matter of soil as it is carpet distortion.

My Titanium wand also has a tiny bit less overspray than the GreenBean wand does. But not by much.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Curtis;

I know that you have a 14" CMP Angle-Jet,
in addition to your new 14" Titanium with the extra options.

Just curious about your perception of "relative value" between the two wands:

1. 14" Angle-Jet CMP with:
Feather touch valve
02 SS jets
Hybrid GG.
$600 Complete

2. 14" Titanium with:
Feather touch valve
02 SS jets
Jet Extenders
Hybrid GG.
$1200 + $300 options = ~$1500 Complete

The Titanium is about 250% of the CMP wand.

We have sold both types of wand.

Larry

Larry I wanted a 2" wand on my truck not a 1.75 and I wanted a smaller head so I can get under furniture also. The Ti is also 13.5 which is also easier in residential settings(i do more than my guys,they mainly do condos porty work) and Im the old guy and I like the weight. I loved your wand, for the money is an excellent buy and I was not disapointed...I planned to get 2 more btw but the "boss" gets the cadillac...lol

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I know the price got silly on the Ti wand, but there's no comparison in the "heavy dutyness " of the Ti compared to the CMP.
(at least compared to the original 6 jet Ti we have)

..L.T.A.

G

admiralclean said:
I have both the Ti and Green BEan wands. They both are good wands, but I like the Ti better for the simple reason that the head height is a bit lower on the Ti, thus making it useful in getting under more furniture.

Put jet extenders on ANY wand and jack up your pressure and it will streak. It's less a matter of soil as it is carpet distortion.

My Titanium wand also has a tiny bit less overspray than the GreenBean wand does. But not by much.
If your using "high flow" and "skimming" the glide,there would be no streaking or distortion if you are not,you are soaking the s##t out of it "especially with extenders.So do you use the waterfall or the pressure washer.It is a catch 22,cause you dont get any agitation from skimming,but it does allow you to flush very well.

Greenie

The devil is in the details, it's what separates a Greenhorn from just any CMP clone.

Still, I've always said the Ti is a career wand at twice the price, if the Greenhorn were made in titanium it's would be a closed case. nobody mentioned the Ti wand's achilles heel... no center jet, it really needs a 7th jet to clean evenly.

T

The Magician

Question ? if a 13.5" Ti. wands needs 7 jets why is Cobb using 4 jets on a 14 wand? I remember Cobb suggesting 5 jets with a 14 wand. Now using 4??

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Magician;

We have both a 14" 4-Jet and a 2" Tube 5-Jet (shown wo GG):
14jet5s.jpg

You can have it your way !

Both of them have more uniform angle-jet spacing than the Titanium.

Larry

R

R W

C Pennington said:
admiralclean said:
I didn't mention that because I have never noticed it cleaning unevenly.

Your right not an issue...

Same here....I got the 6-jetter with GG extenders and glide. I crank it up (pressure) to 7-900 psi, and no problems. The new valve is like.....butter.

Greenie

um.....guys, one of the reasons I made the checkvalve/jet extenders was to correct the center gap issue, that in combination with 110 degree jets helps a lot, but don't think for a second on a filthy carpet you won't see a less than clean area dead center, it's a gap that simply does not get the same water flow, heat, and pressure as the rest of the wand. You will also see it on a commercial job where you come across a gum spot, human nature is to hit the spot dead center with the wand and melt it away, but you are actually better off with the Ti to hit it off center for maximum heat and pressure from the three jets on one side or the other...with a Greenhorn it loves a dead center gum spot.

Chris A

Name
Chris
admiralclean said:
And, of course, Greenie says this NOT because he sells the Greenglide wand, but because he wands so much commercial carpet every week, and is a master at getting gum out. :roll:
:lol:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Speaking of gum removal (and BTW I don't recommend trying to remove a wad of gum with just your glided wand lest you would like to smear sticky gum all over your glide ((and try sliding that glide with melted goo)) ), the best gum remover I have ever used is Hel-Gel with a GumGetter. I received the free sample 3 oz bottle and had a job for one of my Orthodox custromers with 10 kids in the house. There were literally dozens of gum spots. One of the kids watching me use the Hel-Gel insisted he wanted to remove gum. So I handed him the Hel-Gel and the GumGetter and he went to town applying and scraping gum spots throughout the house. Stuff works great and goes far. Little bottle lasted me for a few months.

Greenie

yea Hel-Gel orange rules., and of course (for the newbies) you pretreat each gum spot first, and for some strange reason gum is the only stuff that does stick to teflon, which makes a glide a good gum removal surface, then just wipe the glide with any solvent especially a little Hel-Gel on a towel and get back to work, just takes seconds once you get the concept down.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
It was just common sense that made me go with the Greenhorn over the Ti. It was the jet spacing that sold me. I didn't really have to use the Ti to figure that out. Just seeing the uneven space in the center of the Ti wand was enough to discourage me. And having a middle jet just makes it easier visually to be right underneath a jet for extra spot cleaning effectiveness. Besides, I was using a Steam Way wand for decades which has only one center jet, so hard to change my ways about that.

Back
Top Bottom