Ticked off

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It does bring in a consistant stream of money regardless of season. However if you are burning the candle at both ends I can see where that could become entirely too much to handle.

I agree with Lee find someone to do it for you. You just pop in a couple of times a week for a little quality assurance and on down the road to other things.

Cleaning carpet is better money but if your carpet cleaning slows down in the winter, janitorial is nice to have to fall back on to pay the bills.

I do agree with Ed too, the day we got rid of our last janitorial account it was like getting a new lease on life.

F

FB7777

joeynbgky said:
Thanks for the comparison. I was just venting. Lol theres a difference between us. Trust me

And more than just me having a bigger package

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
I've met Daniel... You definitely sound like a bigger dick

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Not to mention the fact that it's a cut throat business that thrives in the lower end of the profit scale. Unfortunately the purchasing decision for janitorial in larger accounts is made by accountants, not office managers.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Let's see, this contract has them pay for work you haven't performed. But it doesn't protect them from you walking off at a moments notice and leaving them empty handed.

The bad will from your rash decision may follow your company for years.

You defidently took a very unprofessional aproach to the situation.

Must of been that time of the month (?)

BillC

LMAO!!! How big was this church? For what you were making you should have been under contract to stay in the bathrooms and wipe every persons ass after they shit!! Just saying...

Becker

Name
Becker
If this is the wine you are drinking then you should have kept the contract..

IMG_20110311_225711.jpg

shiteatinggrin

But you leave the tags on your blinds.. Sooooo.. I don't know..

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well.......... so right......but it simply says........may cause choking hazard.. lol. I'm not getting fined.... lol... if one breaks ill take it back :)

joeynbgky said:
$250 a service and its $5,000 a month. Its a huge building

So you walked away from a 60k per year gig to make all this GREAT MONEY doing three and a hallway deals with zero chance of upsell except for protector at a whopping 9 dollars per room for a grand total of 79 dollars?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

WTF

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Im trying to get out of janitorial, office cleaning and air duct cleaning. Especially house cleaning! God when a ckeaning girl calls off I get to go make beds. Hate it. And not all my jobs are that cheap. No coupon? Its .40 a sq foot gosh people ken snow does this and is just fine, ill be big one day just like daddy snow

joeynbgky said:
Im trying to get out of janitorial, office cleaning and air duct cleaning. Especially house cleaning! God when a ckeaning girl calls off I get to go make beds. Hate it. And not all my jobs are that cheap. No coupon? Its .40 a sq foot gosh people ken snow does this and is just fine, ill be big one day just like daddy snow

Not in a small town with a bunch of price focused cleaners you wont. If you want to get rich, you need to find ways to be more productive, lower overhead, and make more on every job.

Seriously Joey I am pushing a 400 dollar job average and I am almost exclusively residential. I understand the concept of wanting people to trust you and feel like they are getting a good deal, but at least offer some packages. Tell them 79 dollars gets a basic clean and charge extra for moving furniture, deep scrubbing which does clean better, pet packages, or just do the simplest thing and raise your price. Why limit what you are going to make?

Do this one little thing and watch how much more you make. Most people will not notice the difference between three and a hall at 79 and three rooms at 79. Charge an extra 20 per hallway and you will at least break even on the job.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Erskine Allin said:
I am pushing a 400 dollar job average

That's pretty impressive, Dan'l
BUT how many jobs a week?

..L.T.A.

Exactly what I was wondering Larry, after I said bullshit.

Daniel, why do you feel a need to tell people how to do things or assume that they do not make a profit (however that is defined). I have no idea if any specific business makes a profit, but know enough about basic business concepts to know that it can be made, or not made, at almost any price point for almost any service or product. It is all about COGS, COS and overhead~ keeping them lower than sales.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Im fine with what im doing. All vans and machines are paid for. They are not old and worn out either. I just bought a brand new ford explorer. Which was 48k. Hmm new house. So I think I'm doing ok with my prices. Thanks dan though.

BillC

joeynbgky said:
Im fine with what im doing. All vans and machines are paid for. They are not old and worn out either. I just bought a brand new ford explorer. Which was 48k. Hmm new house. So I think I'm doing ok with my prices. Thanks dan though.

Wow brag much!! You say $.40 per square? I have not seen many CC's in BG that should get paid that much. Maybe I should start advertising in your area!! May I ask how you got started in CC how you got your training??

Erskine Allin said:
I am pushing a 400 dollar job average

That's pretty impressive, Dan'l
BUT how many jobs a week?

..L.T.A.

Ken we do hardwood, lots of tile, and we are triple the price you are for carpet cleaning. It is very easy to raise job averages just by adding a bath or two clean and color seal or clean and polish some hardwood. I keep everything I need on my truck to offer any service I do. And I have a helper on every job so we are very productive

Don't worry though I'm still a bd :lol:

Joey congrats!!! I never said you weren't doing good.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Becker said:
Must be the savings on the wine..

that and if i remember right neither one of them has the "other overhead"

called a wife/life and kids

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Yes on occasion I charge that much. And we have a company here who charges 50 a sq foot. So it just depends. Where are u from bill?

BillC

joeynbgky said:
Yes on occasion I charge that much. And we have a company here who charges 50 a sq foot. So it just depends. Where are u from bill?

Just south of Etown.. Used to have tons of VCT accounts in BG and know or know of many people in CC and janitorial there. Whoever charges .50 is ripping people off. MOST of the people that I know or heard of in your area can't clean carpet for crap unless its like new and only lightly soiled.. Just saying!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Bill, you are so right no one here can clean worth a shit. And the one that charges that much really gets it, but I thinm people are getting sick of them. We have had 3 businesses this year that went under. And they were here for over 20 years. And of course they say its my fault. But u cant buy your prespray at walmart and expect to stay here, when im showing them all up. Thanks mikeysboard

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Btw billy with the big truck is in my area as well. And he charges I think .80 a sq foot. And 1.00 a sq foot for wool and he gets it.

joeynbgky said:
Btw billy with the big truck is in my area as well. And he charges I think .80 a sq foot. And 1.00 a sq foot for wool and he gets it.

Yes and he has to cover 4 states to stay somewhat busy!

BillC

joeynbgky said:

Holy ****! Does he give a free sandwich and bowl of soup with his service? Lol.. Who are talking about that charges that much and who went under?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Billy charges that much hes on this forum. Great guy. Has the big bear aerotech. C&k, is not doing well, c&c as well. And chem dry. I think the cd is looking for new owners not sure. The ones that closed were.. Ill have to look in the old phone book. Cant remember now. But c&k sucks hes a purple power guy

BillC

joeynbgky said:
Billy charges that much hes on this forum. Great guy. Has the big bear aerotech. C&k, is not doing well, c&c as well. And chem dry. I think the cd is looking for new owners not sure. The ones that closed were.. Ill have to look in the old phone book. Cant remember now. But c&k sucks hes a purple power guy

What about MasterClean?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Lol masterclean is the one who charges alot. Great guys over there though

Willy P

Name
Willy P
joeynbgky said: