Tile and grout certification.

Motivated

Where are all the classes at? I am looking into purchasing an SX12. I went to the IICRC website and dont even see anything scheduled. Can someone point me in the right direction. Are all of you certified that do this? I guess whoever puts the class on will make some $ from me. If they sell what I'm looking for anyways.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
nothing against classes but it couldn't be any easier. clean your own and some family and friends and your set.

gene

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Other then for another badge on your shirt I found that class lacking any real world info.

I agree, get some Ajax and go to town :D I think it's even stone safe.

Albert

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Magic Wand has a DVD of a class taught by Taf Baig. It's not very entertaining, but it will teach you all you need to know, very good information, and it's only $100.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I have one of Taf's spotting dvd's. If this one is like the one I have I would give it a go. You're right, not much entertainment but good info.

Albert

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Bridgepoint has a tile & stone class on DVD including training materials, job videos and so forth. Plus you get forms and advertising for your business. Accelerated Stone, Tile & Grout cleaning.

The IICRC class is in Richmond, VA this week. 888 743-8690 to register,
Tampa March 18th & 19th. A good cure for cabin fever. Get to Flroida and some sun on the beach. 800 282-6130 to register
Billings, MT March 22 & 23 800 406-6022 to register
Maryland and California during May.

There are also some stone classes coming up that include a bit about tile. I think Pemberton's is hosting the next stone class March 5th. 800 342-2297 for information or to register.

The same class at Great LAkes Steamway in Wayne Michingan in April

I learned a heck of alot more about tile and grout cleaning from this place than I did at the IICRC class! That was geared alot more towards natural stone, diamond honing, etc. use the search feature here and read, read, read! Also, take gene's advice and do yours, family's, friends. The dvd's would probably be better than the class IMO. Good luck!

Motivated

Aaron Richards said:
I learned a heck of alot more about tile and grout cleaning from this place than I did at the IICRC class! That was geared alot more towards natural stone, diamond honing, etc. use the search feature here and read, read, read! Also, take gene's advice and do yours, family's, friends. The dvd's would probably be better than the class IMO. Good luck!

I found that most of the classes seem to be that way. I remember my CCT class. We never even cleaned a carpet. Same with upholstery. I just go to these classes so I can use the term "certified" I already have my neighbors lined up for practice.

The question is...Is the SX 12 the way to go?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I was getting ready to sign up for FCT class at Jon Don in Roselle for April 1-2. Anyone had their class? Description says they cover tile, vinyl, hardwoods, doesn't mention anything about stone, is that covered there?

Anyone been to this one? I need the credits "if" I continue to use the IICRC thing, although I can't really say that having it has helped or not. We do enclose a copy of certification when we send out our brochures to Churches, businesses and such. It would be hard to measure if it really helped.

Back
Top Bottom