Tile cleaning and stainless steel...

-JB-

Name
JB
got a commercial job coming up with the company logo installed in the center of the area in stainless steel.

Have seen several posts where people talk about not getting the pretreatment on the front of ss appliances, I have never had an issue with it, so what do I need to be concerned with in regards to this?

RickL

If you do an acid clean after alkaline DO NOT GET ANY on the Stainless or you'll have some issues make sure you get some bar keepers freind incase something happens.
I've never had a problem when just using alkaline.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I'm with Rick I use only alkaline. I might use a little acid in a spot or 3 but that's it.

gene

Spurling

Sprinkle a little acid cleaner on your wand and see what happens .. (to give you an idea) .. look for this stuff during the pre-inspection .. its amazing how many people dont realize their own damage before you do any cleaning .. that goes for carpet and uph cleaning too ..

John Spezia

You could protect the SS with blue tape then duck tape on top of the blue tape. You wont have any issues....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Avoid the acid cleaners, JB. I had a job 2 years ago that really required acid, and I demo'ed a small area. But they also were installing $100's of thousands in new cook ware....all SS. I told them either we use the high alky cleaner, or I wouldn't risk doing the job.

2 weeks ago, I was cleaning a ceramic job with my usual high alky cleaner, while the installers helper was going over areas hazed by mortar (grout) He was using a sponge and no gloves to dip in this acid. I told him of the dangers to the skin, but he says he's been doing it for years!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
if you need to use an acid do what john s said and dont have to worry about it should only take a few minutes to set and maskup.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Spinergy Resuscitate is an acid cleaner that is much safer on stainless than other acid tile & grout cleaners. However. the best advice is still to stay with the alkaline cleaners.

Back
Top Bottom